Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

The Oxford Illustrated Jane Austen: Volume III: Mansfield Park (Oxford Illustrated Austen)Publisher:Oxford University Press
ISBN: 0192547038
Pages: 584 pgs
Genre: Romance/Regency
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge , RYOB Challenge, Romance Challenge, 20 in 2009 Challenge
Rating: 



 Synopsis from the Publisher
The private and social worlds of the wealthy Bertram family are revealed through the eyes of Fanny Price, a ""poor relation"" living with the Bertrams, who has fallen in love with their son, Edmund.


My Review:

Mansfield Park is my absolute least favorite Austen novel. This is the only Austen novel that I have to force myself to read.

I cannot stand any of the characters. Fanny is too stodgy and morally upright. Edmund Bertram is an idiot. The Crawfords are so obnoxiously nice yet devious. The only character I like is Mrs. Norris because at least she has some form of personality. This is the only Jane Austen novel I can without a doubt admit that I hate it with a fiery passion. But Jane does write it well enough that I could finish the novel without clawing my eyes out.

*This book was bought by me by me. I am not making any profit from my review of this book other than my enjoyment.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry it is your least favorite. I am reading CASSANDRA & JANE by Jill Pitkeathley. It's is a fictionalized recount of Jane Austin's life. I am surprised to find it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put that on my "To Buy" list. That list is one day going to be the end of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry you didnt like it much, I havent read this one myself. I did see the film version and didn't enjoy it too much.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio