Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

30 Question Meme

I saw this from Morid Romantic who got it from The 3 R’s: Reading, ‘Riting, and Ranting and I figured “Why not?”.

1. Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I have always preferred paperback. It doesn’t matter trade or mass market. They are more portable and less strenuous to read.

2. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Barnes and Noble. They have a huge store in my town. Borders is really small and has a very limited selection

3. Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark. I have these really cute book rugs.

4. Amazon or brick and mortar?
I love Amazon. Especially the Marketplace. The shipping is a little bit of a problem but penny books can’t be beat. A visit to a brick and mortar store is a treat for me.

5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Neither. I have a very ummm… random organization. Meaning there is none. For a librarian that is a really sad statement.

6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
Keep. Unless I didn’t like it and then I donate it.

7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Keep it definitely. They edges get frayed if you don’t keep it on. It also helps distinguish the books on the shelf.

8. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I take it off when I read and then put it back on when I am done.

9. Short story or novel?
Novel. I really don’t like short stories at all.

10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Harry Potter. I have this monstrous crush on Severus Snape. It goes beyond crush actually.

11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I read 100 pages at a time.

12. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
I would like to think it would be “It was a dark and stormy night” but if I am honest it’s “Once upon a time”. I don’t like to admit I am a romantic.

13. Buy or borrow?
I buy all my books. I don’t like to borrow books even from the library. Also a bad thing for a librarian to say.

14. New or used?
A used book has a lived-in charm to them.

15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
A little bit of each of them. Usually, I have a list and I work from that. Most of the time I buy by author.

16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending most definitely.

17. Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Nighttime. I find that I am the sharpest at night.

18. Stand-alone or series?
Both.

19. Favorite series?
Anne of Green Gables

20. Favorite children’s book?
A Secret Garden and A Little Princess

21. Favorite YA book?
Harry Potter series. Also Little Women if Little Women can be considered YA.

22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
The Daisy Chain

23. Favorite books read last year?
The Professor’s Wives’ Club, The Jane Austen Book Club, Jane Eyre, Jane Austen by Elizabeth Jenkins

24. Favorite books of all time?
Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, the Anne of Green Gables series, Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly

25. What are you reading right now?

I am currently reading All of Me by Lori Wilde, Who Do You Think You Are? by Alyse Myers, The Only True Genius in the Family by Jennie Nash, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe, and Drood by Dan Simmons. I like to read about 5 books at a time. I get bored easily when reading any less.

26. What are you reading next?
Up next immediately is The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer, The Cradle by Patrick Somerville, The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano. After that, My Lord Jim by Georgette Heyer, A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi, Great Expectations the Graphic Novel, Two Brothers: One North, One South by David H. Jones, Apologize, Apologize by Elizabeth Kelly, The Lacemakers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri, and A Gentle Rain by Deborah Smith.

27. Favorite book to recommend to an eleven-year-old?
Little Women, Secret Garden, Black Beauty, Pippi Longstocking

28. Favorite book to reread?
Jane Austen’s books and the sequels that other authors have written.

29. Do you ever smell books?
Yes! Especially old books and the smell of new paperbacks. It is perhaps my favorite smell in the world. Aside from the Opium perfume which my mother used to wear when I was a kid. It’s comforting to me.

30. Do you ever read Primary source documents, like diaries or letters?
I was a history major in college, so, yes. I especially like reading immigration sources like ledgers and ship manifests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio