Search Me!


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (May 21)

What book would you love to be able to read again for the first time?

This is a wonderful question. There are three books that if I could take a time machine and read them again for the first time, I would.
1. Little Women-This was the first “big people” book I ever read and I would love to go back and relive the magic of my first novel again. Aside from it being my first, it was a completely beautiful book and another first time with that book would be lovely.
2. Galway Bay-Mary Pat Kelly and Who Do You Think You Are?-Alyse Myers-I was not expecting to find  non-classics that would be among the list but I find that these two books are. I would love to be able to go back to a point in time where I did not know about these books so I could read them again. They were beautiful.
3. All of Jane Austen’s books-I would love to go back to the point in time before I understood the magic of Jane Austen’s books. It was a special moment in my life and I would love to relive it.


  1. Great responses! These are all some of my favorite books too :)

  2. Great list. I really want to read Galway Bay (for the first time)!

  3. Becca:



    Please tell me what you think of Galway Bay. It was such a good book.

  4. I have to read Jane Austen(haven't read any of her books yet) and Little Women as well! I see so many have those books as their BTT choice.

    I have some regrets about my own BTT choice because it might be better as a re-read than reading it for the first time again. I have actually never read about Winne The Poo, only seen the cartoons. Maybe I ought to read it?

    Here is my BTT post.

  5. Ups... multitasking isn't always a good idea. The part about Winnie the Poo was ment for another blogpost.

    How embarrassing, *blushing*

  6. I completely agree about Jane Austen. She is one of my faves, especially Persuasion.

  7. Ladybug:

    You definitely should read Winnie The Poo. I loved him as a child. Still do.

    Jane Austen is a definite must read. She is a "become obsessed with her" or "ambivalently like her" author. I have never met someone who hated her. So it's probably a good bet.


    Jane Austen is the love of my life. You only find one author you love as much in your lifetime I think.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio