Search Me!


Sunday, May 10, 2009

Musing Monday (May 10th)

This weekly event is hosted by Just One More Page.
Have you ever finished a book, then turned around and immediately re-read it? Why? What book(s)? (question courtesy of MizB)
Hmm…the books I have immediately reread when I finished. I don’t know if I ever have. I go  back and read parts that I liked but never reread the whole book. The only books I have immediately started flipping through once I finished were Pride and Prejudice because…well…it’s Mr Darcy. The other is Pemberley Manor by Kathryn L. Nelson. There were so many heart wrenching parts and I love rereading them. But I don’t think I have ever reread the whole book. If I really like a book, I go back to it later but not immediately.  The books I have eventually gone back to and reread are:

  • Anne of Green Gables Series
  • Little Women
  • All of Jane Austen's books
  • Sophie's World


  1. I will re-read the whole book. I made a list! It's also my blogavesary tomorrow. I've got a raffle going.

  2. Sigh....Mr. Darcy. I love him! I've re-read P&P so many times.

  3. I love him, too. A little bit obsessively. He is right after Alan Rickman, Hugh Laurie and Colin Firth in my crush category mainly because I can imagine any of them as Mr. Darcy.

  4. I don't re-read immediately anymore, although I did as a child. I recently re-read sophies world because y son as reading it and I waned to be able to answer his questions. It was just as enjoyable a second time.

  5. As a lover of P & P, I am going to check out Pemberly Manor if it made you want to re-read it immediately!

  6. Other than my ultimate favorites, it happens only when I don’t understand what I’m reading.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio