Search Me!


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Musing Monday (May 25th)

This weekly event is hosted by Just One More Page.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?

I always give gift certificates to Borders to my friends and family as presents. With my friends and family, it is a pretty safe bet that they will get some good use out of it. Borders cards can be used both online and in store so it is convenient for everybody. I love to receive them myself. I look forward to every holiday because I can depend that someone will get me one. Although this year for my birthday I might ask my parents to buy me new bookshelves. They are starting to look kind bedraggled.


  1. thebluestockingguideMay 24, 2009 at 5:04 PM

    I don't have any friends who like to read. Here is Musing Monday 41

  2. I shop at Borders so it's nice to know about being able to use their certificates in the store or online. Thanks for the info!!

  3. This musing gave me an idea for what to wish for next birthday/Christmas :)

    Here is my Monday post

  4. I've been given general store gift vouchers in the past and about half end up expiring before I can decide what to buy with them!

    I think for my birthday this year I'll publish a list of books on my blog that I want to own and let people pick. Like a gift registry for a 21st! And the bookshelf sounds like a good idea if yours is anything like mine ^_^

  5. uncertainprinciplesMay 25, 2009 at 3:00 AM

    While growing up, I used to look forward to my birthday, only because everyone in my family gave me books or $$$, with which I bought more books.

    Hope you get nice bookshelves - I'd love to get a bigger better one as well!

  6. I like certificates you can use online - they give you plenty of time to choose what to spend them on!

  7. I usually receive a gift card for Christmas too! The hard part is not rushing out to spend it!

  8. I love getting book store gift certificates. and I LOVE Borders! :-)

  9. I would give more gift certificates if more of my family and friends were readers. I love getting gift cards to book stores, but it doesn't happen alot because non-readers don't think of it. Not in my case anyway.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio