Search Me!


Thursday, June 11, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (June 11th)

Weekly event from Booking Through Thursday
There are certain types of books that I more or less assume all readers read. (Novels, for example.)
But then there are books that only YOU read. Instructional manuals for fly-fishing. How-to books for spinning yarn. How to cook the perfect souffle. Rebuilding car engines in three easy steps. Dog training for dummies. Rewiring your house without electrocuting yourself. Tips on how to build a NASCAR course in your backyard. Stuff like that.
What niche books do YOU read?

I never realized how many niche books I read until I tried to answer this question.

I am in a Library Science Master’s program, so, most of the niche books I read are in that area. My favorite books in that subject area are about collection development and reference services.

I also am a bit of a tech junkie. I love reading the manuals that come with new technology. You can always find some interesting tips in there and I love analyzing the language differences between the different manufacturers. HTML and Javascript books are also some of my favorite niche books to read. Web development is one of my secret talents. I love HTML.

Perhaps my favorite type of niche books have to do with web usability and information architecture and interaction design. They are always interesting and unique in their approaches to information and how it can be conveyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio