Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, June 1, 2009

Boredom=Another Questionnaire

I am bored so I am going to post this questionnaire.
1) What author do you own the most books by?
Thomas Hardy and Anthony Trollope. I am not sure which one I have the most of and I am too lazy to count.
2) What book do you own the most copies of?
Pride and Prejudice. I think I have five or six different versions. My favorite is the Oxford Illustrated edition. I also have the Penguin, Tor, Barnes and Noble, Puffin and Cambridge editions.
3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No. I didn’t even notice till you told me. Now that you did…kinda.
4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I have a top five.
1. Severus Snape-I know I have a big crush when I would still have a crush on him even if he was not played by Alan Rickman. He is just so brooding. Exactly my type of fictional male. If we only could get rid of that dying thing.
2. <Fitzwilliam Darcy-Mostly the Colin Firth version. I know I have made my peace with the 2005 version but Colin is still number 1. Again, he broods.
3. Colonel Brandon-He is perhaps the only non-brooder of my fictional crushes. He’s such a sweet character. If I was Marianne, it would have been “Wickham who?”
4.Dr. House-Again more brooding.
5. Wolverine-I think it’s the claws and more brooding.
5) What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children)?
Anne of Green Gables. That series has been read through at least 4 or 5 times.
6) What was your favourite book when you were ten years old?
On my more intelligent days probably Little Women. On my normal days some Babysitter’s Club book. Probably Logan Loves MaryAnne.
7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
A Fortunate Age. Hands down. It was just not for me.
8 )What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Galway Bay. It was such a beautiful novel. I am itching to read it again. Also Pemberley Manor. It was probably one of the best JA sequels I have read. And Who Do You Think You Are?. It was such an excellent memoir.
9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
Pride and Prejudice because I force everyone to read that book.
10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?
No idea. Let’s leave that to others.
11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Galway Bay. It would make such a beautiful movie.
12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
Who Do You Think You Are? not because it is bad or anything but I think it would be really painful to see that type of mother/daughter relationship on screen.
13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I had a dream a few months ago that Dr. House stole all of my socks and I got really panicky about it.
14) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
I would have to say The Da Vinci Code and a couple of Danielle Steels.
15) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Hmm. Probably Ulysses in high school. I am going to attempt Proust soon.
16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?
I have never seen a live Shakespeare production. I don’t really like him all that much.
17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
The Russians.
18 ) Roth or Updike?
Roth
19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
Sedaris
20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
Milton
21) Austen or Eliot?
Austen by a slight margin
22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
American Classic Literature.
23) What is your favourite novel?
All of Jane Austen because I refuse to choose.
24) Play?
Private Lives by Noël Coward
25) Poem?
Anything by Thomas Hardy. A Poem to an Athlete Dying Young by A.E. Housman always makes me cry.
26) Essay?
Don’t really have a favorite essay.
27) Short story?
Can Ethan Frome be considered a short story?
28) Work of nonfiction?
Barack Obama’s The Audacity of Hope.
29) Who is your favourite writer?
Jane Austen
30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Dan Brown without a question. I am dreading the hoopla over his new book.
31) What is your desert island book?
My Oxford Illustrated Austen.
32) And… what are you reading right now?
The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano and My Lord John by Georgette Heyer

2 comments:

  1. So fun to read your answers. I did this today but there were fewer questions on mine. Hmmm . . . probably just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Some of these questions were not on the one I read and participated in. I love Pride & Prejudice. It is one of my favorite books and favorite movies. I only have one copy of it though. I have The Audacity of Hope but haven't finished it yet because I lent it to my sister to read and have not returned to it yet. So, I just have one question: Do you like brooding men? ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio