Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Musing Monday (June 15th)

Another interesting question for Musing Monday (hosted by Just One More Page. )
Do you feel compelled to read prize-winning (Giller/Booker/Pulitzer etc) books? Why, or why not? Is there, perhaps, one particular award that you favour? (question courtesy of MizB)

I really don’t pay any attention to prize lists for books. I find that most of the time, I don’t really like the books that win. I do follow the lists and I might check a book or two out of the library if they seem interesting but I never feel that I “must” read the winner. I would be more likely to read a Booker or a Pulitzer prize winner than any other. I find that of the award winning books I have read, most of them are winners of those two awards.

10 comments:

  1. uncertainprinciplesJune 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM

    Yeah, I find myself more inclined towards reading Booker winners, albeit, it's almost sub-conscious.

    Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    This question has really generated a lot of interesting answers.

    Here's mine! Puffed Up Prize-winners?

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not compelled to read award nominees and winners but I do find Booker titles very much attuned to my reading taste. After all, what matters is the book itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm..a lot favor Booker titles.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the book has won, usually that's not something I knew when reading it. monday 44

    ReplyDelete
  6. thebluestockingguideJune 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM

    I don't do prize winning books intentionally. monday 44

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't always like the award winning books. My answer is up here

    ReplyDelete
  8. My answer is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/musing-mondays_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. nope, not a prize/award follower.

    I am not greatly moved by a book winning a prize or award. Some group may think they are great, but that is not always my experience.
    I don't avoid them, but I don't seek them out either

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many musers are not swayed by award/prize winning books.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio