Search Me!


Thursday, July 2, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (July 2)

Here is this week’s question:

Suggested by Callista83:

Do you read celebrity memoirs? Which ones have you read or do you want to read? Which nonexistent celebrity memoirs would you like to see?

My Response:

Does Barack Obama’s books count? Other than those, I don’t read them. I have been tempted quite a few times. Such as with Tori Spelling’s books. I have always resisted but I have always been tempted. Although if some of my favorite actors  ever wrote a memoir, I would buy them immediately. But that is not very likely to happen, so, I guess I will stick to the fiction.


  1. I would totally buy a memoir from any of those three (Rickman, Firth or Depp). Otherwise - mmm, sometimes I'm curious, but not curious enough, apparently.

  2. A book by Depp would be interesting...I usually stay away from politics though.

  3. MissMeliss: I feel the same way curious and interested are two different things.

    Melissa: If Johnny Depp ever wrote a memoir I would buy it, read it and put it in my freezer to preserve it.

    I am okay with politics as long as it is someone I agree with politically. I would never read a Bush or Cheney memoir but I would read Hilary Clinton's and I did read President Obama's. Although it might be interesting to read a memoir from a right wing politician.

  4. thebluestockingguideJuly 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM

    LOL! Yeah, I read one on Obama. Celebs

  5. uncertainprinciplesJuly 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM

    I want to read Dreams of my Father. Also, while not exactly a memoir, I've heard that the audio book 'Audacity of Hope' is actually narrated by him, so I want to check that out at some point!

  6. Not usually but I do have Barbara Walters Interviews on my shelf. I picked it up through

    Swaptree and thought that would be kind of interesting.

    One Persons Journey Through a World of Books

  7. No, somehow I am more skeptical about memoirs and autobiographies. I tend to think that biographies are a little more authentic - though of course that may not be necessarily true...



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio