Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (July 24th)

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? –It really depends what mood I am in. I usually don’t like the frivolous. It takes a special mood for me to want to read something without substance.
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? –I’m ambivalent. As long as it is not an e-book, I’m fine.
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction? –Fiction. Most definitely. I like the occasional non-fiction but I still prefer fiction.
  • Poetry? Or Prose? Prose. I don’t like poetry very much…high school trauma.
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies? –Biographies if they are well researched. I sometimes find that there is too much of a bias in autobiographies.
  • History? Or Historical Fiction?-Historical Fiction. I had too much real history in university.
  • Series? Or Stand-alones? –Stand-alones. Only great series can attract me.
  • Classics? Or best-sellers? –Classics. I read best-sellers more often now but I prefer classics.
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? –It depends on my mood really. I have favorite books that have both. I can’t decide.
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? –Plot. I dislike most Stream-of-Consciousness. Books like Tropic of Cancer make me want to rip my hair out.
  • Long books? Or Short? –Long. The longer the better.
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? –Non-illustrated. Why do you need pictures when reading a book.
  • Borrowed? Or Owned? –Owned. I never borrow books because I would never give them back.
  • New? Or Used? –Used. They have a lived-in feel to them. They have a history before you ever meet them. I find that charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio