Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Musing Monday (August 10th)

This meme is hosted by Just One More Page

Do you have a favourite publishing house -- one that puts out books that you constantly find yourself wanting to read? If so, who? And, what books have they published that you've loved? (question courtesy of MizB)

I don’t know if I have a favorite publishing house. I think I have favorite books from most of the major houses. But if there is one publishing house I identify with and love it’s Sourcebooks. They always manage to publish and reprint all of my favorite books. They publish Austen sequels, romances and historical fictions, which is enough to make me a lifetime fangirl but they also reprint books by my favorite authors like R.F. Delderfield, Rosemary Rogers, and Georgette Heyer. My favorites from Sourcebooks have been Pemberley Manor by Kathryn L. Nelson, The Pemberley Chronicles by Rebecca Ann Collins, The Traitor’s Wife and Hugh and Bess by Susan Higginbotham, and Healing Luke by Beth Cornelison.  I think my top houses are Sourcebooks, of course, Hachette, HarperCollins, Bloomsbury, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt but I am not limited to those houses by any means. I have had books appeal to me from all publishing houses. Basically, I am a fan of books and anyone that makes them is a friend of mine.

6 comments:

  1. I must say, while I don't think that I have favorite, I did get a few books from Sourcebooks, a Georgette Heyer and two reprints of Daphne du Maurier books and they are very nice books. Lovely cover art, just very nice editions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have a lot of one publisher it's because I like a particular series. Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree..Sourcebooks is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pemberley Mannor is on my tbr list, but publisher doesn't really have anything to do with it.

    Here's my response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't actually search out a publisher, but sometimes it works out that I buy a particular series from one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caite: They are lovely editions. I don't necessarily know if Sourcebooks can really be called my favorite I just looked at my shelf and noticed that many books were from them. This question is harder than I thought.

    Bluestocking: I am not much of a series reader as a bulk buyer. If I find an author I like, I buy the rest of their books and authors like them. It's a habit I must break. Like right now I am into Rosemary Rogers and I am trying to keep myself from buying her books as well as Kathleen E. Woodiwiss' books.

    Marie Burton: They are!

    Susan: I think Pemberley Manor could have been published by any publishing house and I would still love it the same. I just noticed that many of my books were from Sourcebooks both bought and review copies.

    Yvonne: I am not much of a series buyer as a bulk buyer.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio