Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Musing Monday (August 24th)

Hosted at Just One More Page
Do you prefer to read stand-alone books, or books in series? Do you stick with a series the whole way through or stop after the first installment? Are there any particular series you enjoy?(question courtesy of Elena)
I really have no preference. I love both standalones and series. I don’t really consider them the same really. I have  a few select series that I read but mostly I tend to read either standalones or sequels (mostly Jane or, lately, Phantom). Some of my favorite series are Anne of Green Gables, Little Women Trilogy, Harry Potter, Pemberley Chronicles and Sookie Stackhouse.
I do have some quirks when I read series though. If I read one book in a series I MUST read them all. In order. Or I have this panicky, shaky feeling while reading and it does not go away until I have started from the beginning of the series.

7 comments:

  1. Haha I totally understand that panicky, shaky feeling! I think that's why I avoid series, personally (loved the Anne of Green Gable series too, but I never got through them all).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about Anne of Green Gables when posting my response! That is one of the best series I've ever read :)

    I just like books, books and MORE BOOKS! I don't care if they're part of a series or not. Here's my full response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like series a lot more. It's something to look forward too! Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! That's my achiles heel when it comes to series... I couldn't leave it hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bluestocking: The waiting for the next book can get frustrating. I have a countdown to the next Sookie Stackhouse book.

    judys424-Even if the series is not my thing, I must finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems almost all the series I read are mysteries ...what can I say, I like mysteries and maybe they lend themselves to series somehow, more than other genres.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem with series. I have to read them, and in order. I've been getting better with this. If I really don't like the first book, I'm finally to the point that I don't absolutely need to finish..most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio