Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Bergman Fortang

Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction
Publisher: Tarcher
ISBN: 1585424137
Pages: 288 pgs
Genre: Self Help
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 



Publisher’s Description:

A clear and utterly practical 90-day program for discovering a new direction for your life

In Now What? pioneering life coach Laura Berman Fortgang shares the process that she has used so successfully to help hundreds of clients make major changes in their lives. Whether it's moving on from a dead end job, discovering an entirely new creative outlet, or answering the age old question "What am I meant to do with my life?" this book provides a clear and infinitely practical 90-day program that can help you make major changes in your life.

For anyone who feels drawn toward a life-changing move but is not sure exactly what to do or how to move forward, Now What? provides a concrete process for finding and pursuing a new path in life. Full of inspiring and empowering exercises and tools, this book guides readers-day by day and step by step-through a 90-day process that will lead to true life satisfaction and fulfillment.

My Review:

I am generally very skeptical about any book that promises a new way of life in any given period of time. I don’t think changing or improving your life can be given any arbitrary time limit. It’s different for everyone. I am even more skeptical about life coaches. I am the type of person who wants to figure things out for myself and I don’t see how another individual can figure out my life if I can’t. Even though, like most people, I could probably use a bit of life coaching.

The general skepticism on my part does not take away from the valuable advice that is found in this book. Now What? offers many valuable tips and tricks on how to change your life-or at least point it in a better direction. I don’t know about in 90 days since it hasn’t been 90 days since I finished the book and I still maintain my inability to believe any self-help book that promises significant change in any given time period.  There was one passage that really struck me. The was this one section about rediscovering childhood talents. I remembered that I had some creative ability. I used to carry a sketchbook and colored pencils around with me. I had no idea what I used to draw or what I used to draw. I had thrown all of it out in a fit of infantile rage. I asked my mother and she said that I used to design clothes and that one of my drawings had been used as a base for my cousin’s bridesmaid dresses. I had no idea. I might go back and do some more drawing. I never realized it was missing until I remembered. Does that make any sense?

I generally enjoyed this book. The advice is very helpful especially if one finds themselves without direction. The exercises in the book all illustrate the points and advice and the language of the book itself is engaging if a bit cheerleader encouraging.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

  1. [...] The Women of Pemberley-Rebecca Ann Collins 45. Netherfield Park Revisited-Rebecca Ann Collins 46. Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction-Laura Bergman Fortang 47.Healing Luke-Beth Cornelison 48. Darcy and Anne-Judith Brocklehurst 49. [...]

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio