Search Me!


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Deadly Sin by Annie Solomon

One Deadly Sin
Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446178446
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romancy/Mystery /Thriller
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Publisher’s Description:

Revenge. Edie Swann has hungered for it since she fled her hometown as a little girl. Now she's returned, ready for payback. Armed with a list of names, she leaves each one a chilling sign that they have blood on their hands. Her father's blood. What happens next turns her own blood cold: one by one, the men she's targeted start dying.

Sheriff Holt Drennen knows Edie is hiding something. She has a haunted look in her eyes and a defiant spirit, yet he can't believe she's a murderer. As the body count rises and all evidence points to Edie, Holt is torn between the town he's sworn to protect and the woman he's come to desire. But nothing is what it seems. Long buried secrets begin to surface, and a killer won't be satisfied until the sins of the past are paid in full--this time with Edie's blood.

My Review:

I was not sure that I was going to like this one. I usually like my thrillers and romances to be on the opposite ends of the shelf. It is extremely odd for me to read  much less like a book encompassing both genres. One Deadly Sin was well written, intriguing, and gripping. I really liked it.

I love books with a small town feel and this one definitely delivers on that. Rosebud is kind of that creepy type of small town that a New Yorker, like myself,  would never understand.  I really enjoyed the thriller aspect of this novel. I really became engrossed with the mystery. You never really know who the bad guy is until the end. I would have read the book just for the mystery.

The romance kind of fell short for me.  The two main characters, Holt and Edie, did not seem to have chemistry. I liked them both individually but as a couple, they fell short. You could have replaced or deleted either of them and I would not have liked the story any less. The shining star of this novel is Miranda, Holt’s daughter. She was so cute in the demanding and precocious kind of way. She is the type of child who asks question after question but doesn’t get too annoying.

The was a great book for an afternoon. It is a one sitting read. If you are looking for a really good mystery/thriller with a touch of romance, try this one.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. [...] The Plight of the Darcy Brothers-Marsha Altman 40. The Pemberley Chronicles-Rebecca Ann Collins 41. One Deadly Sin-Annie Solomon 42. Hugh and Bess-Susan Higginbotham 43. Mr Darcy, Vampyre-Amanda Grange 44. The [...]



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio