Search Me!


Friday, October 9, 2009

Amelia Grey Guest Blog

A Marquis to Marry: The Rogues' Dynasty1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your books (especially A Marquis to Marry)
Hello, Grace and thank you for having me with you today. You know, the first thing I like to tell people is that I love being a romance author. I write what I love and I love what I write. My husband and I have been married for more than twenty-five years and we are opposites. He is an accountant so everything must be exact for him. I’m creative and I don’t like to be restricted by anything that has to be exact.
With the publication of A Marquis To Marry, which is the second book in The Rogues’ Dynasty Series, I will have twenty published books. At times, it seems like just yesterday that I was waiting to see my first book in print. I’d love to tell you a little snippet about A Marquis To Marry. 

In A Marquis To Marry, the hero, Race, is a fun-loving rogue and very happily a bachelor, so I decided to give him a beautiful, fascinating dowager duchess who had the power, charm, and wit to make him want to settle down to just one lady. To put them at odds I had him in possession of the priceless Talbot pearls. Susannah has proof the pearls belong to her family, but before she can convince Race of that fact, the pearls are stolen from him. At first Race believes Susannah is the thief but eventually they join forces to find the real thief. But take my word for it, there are a lot of passionate sparks along the way.

2. What inspires you to write?
I get inspired when I’ve read a really good book. The kind of book that you just hate to put down until you get to the end. It doesn’t have to be a romance book, but I’ve certainly read plenty of those that have inspired me to want to dig deeper and give my books more passion, more drama, more emotion, more humor, and more of everything.

I’m inspired by letters from my fans. The first thing I do when I get to the computer in the mornings is check my e-mail. It is so thrilling to get an e-mail from someone you don’t know, who took the time to not only buy and read your book, but to make the effort to tell you they loved it. That is extremely inspiring.
And my husband inspires me. He has always been my biggest fan. He has always encouraged and supported my writing. His words, his devotion and his genuine appreciation for my work inspires me.

My favorite book is:
Oh, man! This changes so often as far as adult books go, but I have always loved Charlotte’s Web. I even named my daughter Charla! I love the cast of characters in Charlotte’s Web. I love what it teaches about being a friend, about being selfless. I love how it teaches us to not only work hard for ourselves but for others, too.

My favorite movie is:
Another difficult question! There are so many I have enjoyed over and over again. I have always loved Enemy At The Gates. It is set during World War II and yes, it’s a war movie but a different kind of war movie. I love Braveheart, Gladiator, Dances With Wolves, Last of the Mohicans, and too many more to list here.

The author who influences me the most is:
Again there have been many over the years, but I have to say that I absolutely adore the dialogue between the hero and heroine in most of Amanda Quick’s books. And I try to use as effectively that quick-witted repartee that she does so well!

If I received a free trip to anywhere in the world where would I visit:
Without hesitation, London, England!

My favorite historical time period is:

Mr. Darcy or Mr. Rochester:
Mr. Darcy for now, forever, for sure!

If a genie granted me three wishes, I would wish:
Oh, this is a killer question! Hmm… I should probably ask for something like world peace, a cure for cancer and good health for family, friends, and me. But let me go wild and ask for A Marquis To Marry to hit The Times List, The USA Today list and Publisher’s Weekly list! Ah, yes, that would be very satisfying.

A Marquis to Marry, Book Two in the Rogues’ Dynasty Trilogy, In Stores October 2009
Alexander Mitchell Raceworth, the dashing fourth Marquis of Raceworth, is shocked when the alluring young Duchess of Brookfield accuses him of stealing priceless pearls belonging to her family. Susannah Brookfield is the most beautiful, enchanting woman he has ever met, but despite his attraction, he's not about to hand over the pearls.

Though suspicion and mistrust drive them apart when the pearls are stolen, Race suggests they pool their resources to recover them. If they do find them, will they finally be able to give in to love, or will the truth of the elusive necklace tear them apart once and for all?

About the Author
Amelia Grey’s awards include the Booksellers Best and the Aspen Gold, and as Gloria Dale Skinner, the coveted Romantic Times Award for Love and Laughter and the prestigious Maggie Award. Her books have been featured in Doubleday and Rhapsody Book Clubs. Happily married for twenty-five years, she lives in Panama City Beach, Florida.


  1. Hello Everyone!

    I want to thank you for having me here today! I'll be checking in again later in the day so stop by for comments or questions!

  2. Hello, Amelia! I really enjoyed your description of your relationship with your husband. Sometimes opposites make the best partners! I loved hearing about your inspirations. It is so nice that you love to hear from your fans! Race and Susannah sound as though they have that intriguing romantic spark that makes for great reading.
    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

  3. Hooray for Charlotte's Web, and its cousin, Stuart Little! I liked 'Enemy at the Gates' a lot, too, and think it was an underwatched movie. Not something that can be said of 'Braveheart'....

    Congratulations on your most recent releases.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio