Search Me!


Friday, October 23, 2009

Dewey Readathon Reading List

I am so excited for the readathon on Sunday. I have been so behind on my reading and need to catch up badly. And boy oh boyo do I need to catch up. I am going to be reading mostly my YA books for my YA class that have been sitting in a pile on my bookshelf waiting to be read.
  • The Book Thief-Markus Zusak
  • The Thirteenth Tale-Diane Setterfield
  • Water For Elephants-Sara Gruen
  • Enthusiasm-Polly Shulman
  • Wild Roses-Deb Caletti
  • Freaky Green Eyes-Joyce Carol Oates
  • Sexy-Joyce Carol Oates
  • Honey, Baby, Sweetheart-Deb Caletti
  • Permanent Connections-Sue Ellen Bridgers
  • How I Live Now-Meg Rosoff
  • A Northern Light-Jennifer Donnelly
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell-Susanna Clarke
  • Brooklyn Rose-Ann Rinaldi
  • The Nature of Jade-Deb Caletti
  • First Impressions-Marilyn Sachs
  • Girl, Interrupted-Susanna Kaysen
  • The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman-Louise Plummer
  • Macaroni Boy-Katherine Ayres
  • Cassandra’s Sister-Veronica Bennett


  1. Awesome book list! I can't wait for tomorrow, it's my first readathon.

  2. Great list! We don't have any books in common but I do have a few of these on my wish list. Good luck!

  3. Kate: It's my first as well. I am a bit nervous. Bought stores of coffee in preparation.

    Ashley: Thanks! I can't wait to start reading.

  4. Very nice selection of books.

    If I may, one suggestion...put the Susannah Clarke on the backburner. It is a huge tome that gets quite slow at times

    All the best for your readathon!

  5. Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

  6. Popping by again to say keep up the reading!

  7. Hope you're participating, a very big list to choose from, have fun!

  8. Happy Read-a-Thon day! I hope the first few hours have been treating you well. Have fun today and enjoy the wonderful books you have lined up :)

  9. A YA class? That would be awesome! I wish my grad program had something like that. I loved the Book Thief and Johnathan Strange. Happy Reading!

  10. Hope you're having a good RaT!

  11. Wow wow wow what a long list! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

  12. "The Thirteenth Tale" is wonderful. :) And I agree about the Susanna Clarke book, unfortunately. Happy Reading!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio