Search Me!


Monday, November 9, 2009

General Illness and Update

I have decided that since I have been sick for pretty much the past two weeks (I have had a kidney stone and a cold which turned into a chest and nasal infection at different times but both equally as painful) and I will be playing catch up both with my reading and reviewing.

I have a huge amount of reviews coming up that have been delayed because of my generally bad health. Oddly enough I have been reading more than ever lately but have been so sick that reviews just aren’t happening. Among those review coming this week are:
  • Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict-Irene Vilar
  • Ecoholic-Adria Vasil
  • Thinner Than Thou-Kit Reed
  • This Lullaby-Sarah Dessen
  • The Book Thief-Markus Zuzak
  • The Work of Wolves-Kent Meyers
  • Truth & Beauty-Ann Pratchett
  • Donorboy-Brendan Halpin
  • Candyfreak-Steve Almond
  • How I Live Now-Meg Rosoff
  • Sexy-Joyce Carol Oates
  • Enthusiasm-Polly Shulman

I will be having a readathon all week simply because I need to play catch up. On my reading list this week:
  • The Thirteenth Tale-Diane Setterfield
  • Water For Elephants-Sara Gruen
  • Wild Roses-Deb Caletti
  • Honey, Baby, Sweetheart-Deb Caletti
  • Permanent Connections-Sue Ellen Bridgers
  • A Northern Light-Jennifer Donnelly
  • Brooklyn Rose-Ann Rinaldi
  • The Nature of Jade-Deb Caletti
  • First Impressions-Marilyn Sachs
  • Girl, Interrupted-Susanna Kaysen
  • The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman-Louise Plummer
  • Macaroni Boy-Katherine Ayres
  • Cassandra’s Sister-Veronica Bennett
  • The Beet Fields-Gary Paulsen
  • The Rules of Survival- Nancy Werlin
  • You Don't Know Me-David Klass
  • When Jeff Comes Home-Catherine Atkins
  • Hero-S.L. Rottman
  • Doing It-Melvin Burgess
  • Dancing on the Edge-Han Nolan
  • Jacob Have I Loved-Katherine Paterson

It's mostly YA for my class but there is even more YA coming next week when I start my readathon for my bibliography. Most of those books will be YA takes on classics and fairy tales. Yes, some will be based on Jane Austen.


  1. I am sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you get better soon.

    I have an award for you on my blog to cheer you up :)

    take are missed here!

  2. I hope you get well soon! You have so many great books to read. Reading them will hopefully make you feel better x



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio