Search Me!


Monday, February 22, 2010

Absolutely Chocolate: Irresistible Excuses to Indulge by Editors of Fine Living Magazine

Absolutely Chocolate: Irresistible Excuses to IndulgePublisher: Taunton Press
ISBN: 1600851339
Pages: 304 pgs
Genre: Food/Cooking
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

 Publisher’s Description:

For years, most cooks only worried about choosing between semi-sweet and milk chocolate when whipping up chocolate creations. These days, however, it's vital to know the origins, varieties, and unique characteristics of chocolates available. The experts at Fine Cooking magazine have taken the guesswork out of making more than 125 scrumptious sensations from layer cakes, tarts, and pies to muffins, cookies, and brownies to candies, sauces, and hot cocoa. Each recipe features must-know tips on choosing and buying just the right chocolate; step-by-step, cant-fail instructions; and authoritative advice from America's most respected experts. In other words, Absolutely Chocolate is absolutely fabulous!

My Review:

I am most definitely not a cook or anything remotely similar. The closest I get is boiling water for tea or making coffee. I am also not a big chocolate eater. Only on the rarest occasion will I eat anything with chocolate and even rarer will I like it. But I do love reading cookbooks and books about food, especially desserts and drinks.

First of all, the pictures were beautiful even on my Sony Reader. I think the best part of a cookbook is the pictures and this one is definitely not an exception. They were a bit dark but that is mostly an indictment on my Sony Reader (even though it is an awesome device). I also enjoyed the information about chocolate. It was very concise and informative.

I found so many of the recipes appealing. Especially the ones that combine chocolate with a fruit or spice. My favorites were the Bittersweet Hot Chocolate, the Chocolate-Banana-Ginger Bread Pudding and the Chocolate-Orange Biscotti. I will never be able to make it for myself but when I buy this book for my mother, I will attempt to cajole a cookie or two from her.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


  1. [...] Absolutely Chocolate: Irresistible Excuses to Indulge-Editors of Fine Living Magazine [...]

  2. [...] Absolutely Chocolate: Irresistible Excuses to Indulge-Editors of Fine Living Magazine [...]



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio