Search Me!


Sunday, February 7, 2010

Musing Monday (February 8th)

I’ve seen several bloggers mention reading multiple books this week. Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?

I used to be able to read more than one book at a time. I used read 100 pages then switch but now, it gets a bit confusing in the noggin. I guess I am not as young as I once was. When I would go to review a book, I would find that I was getting details from each of the books mixed up.

It has been getting better now that I am reading three different genres at a time.  I tend to read one paperback and one ebook on my Sony Reader at one time. I have also been getting more and more into YA lately so I usually have one of those going as well. It helps to keep my reviews coming quickly as well as allowing me to read more of my personal TBR.

I still have to find the perfect reading schedule where I can get review books done, read my TBR and not stress myself out. I figure I will find it eventually even if it takes me a million years to find it.


  1. It is easier to read multiple books if they are from different genres. This year I have given myself the challenge of writing the review before I can pick up my next book. So far, it is working.

  2. One book at a time for me. Its too distracting otherwise. Here's Mine

  3. I have books all over the house. I just found one that I had forgotten about when I was dusting. They are all so different that I don't have problems following the plot, but it also means that it takes forever to finish even one book.

  4. Nise'- Most defintely. Different genres is so much easier. I have a YA, literary fiction and non-fiction going right now. I must try to get the reviews done immediately as well. I have been a bit slow with that. I have some books that I finished in November that are still without reviews.

    Lori-I went through a period recently where it was one book at a time but it really slowed down my reading pace.

    Mary-Same here. I have books squirreled everywhere. I recently found one that I had hidden in my garage. For what reason I don't know. I don't exactly spend much time in my garage.

  5. I'm a new believer of book juggling! Here's mine:

  6. I used to be very particular about reading only one book at a time, but that strategy stopped working once I came to library school. :) More book chatter = more books I simply MUST read, haha. Having multiple books going at once seems to help me read them more quickly. I can read according to mood if I have books from different genres or audience levels sitting on my nightstand and never feel like I have to "slog" through something I might otherwise enjoy, but am not currently in the mood for.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio