Search Me!


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (Southern Vampire Mysteries Bk 2)

Living Dead in Dallas (Original MM Art) (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Publisher: Ace Trade
ISBN: 0441019315
Pages: 320 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Vampire
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge, Vampire Series Challenge

Publisher’s Description:
When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. 

My Review:
This was a really great follow-up to the equally great Dead Until Dark. It was not exactly what I was expecting but it was good.

I loved the development of the characters. Sookie, Bill, Eric, Pam and Sam really were awesome in this one. I am a Sookie/Eric shipper and, don’t get me wrong, I wanted more Eric but Bill was really almost perfect. He was heroic, romantic and damn sexy even though I know that he will be a huge disappointment in the coming books (a friend of mine spoiled me). I also really thought that the Godfrey storyline was great. If you are expecting the same Godric as in the show, you will be disappointed.  Godfrey is creepy. I mean really creepy but still kind of attractive. I don’t even know how to explain him. I was glad when he met the sun unlike in the show when I was borderline crying.

I was really surprised at the small role that Maryann the maenad plays. I thought it was going to be a much more prominent part of the book but it was like a blip in the storyline. Ok maybe this is bias from True Blood but it took me a while to acclimate to literally everything being from Sookie’s eyes. If she didn’t see it, you don’t hear about it. As I got further into the series and away from True Blood, it got better but while we are still in the realm of the TV series, it was a little jarring. 

This was the type of book that I read immediately before bed and ended up going to sleep at 5am instead of my normal 3am. It was the perfect mixture of action, romance, humor, and paranormal. I can totally see why people (now including me) are obsessed with this series.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Another Sookie fan! I love Sookie and her weird choice of friends. I'm far deeper in the book series rather than True Blood. The TV show deviates quite a bit from the books but it's slowly starting to rub off on me.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio