Search Me!


Monday, April 5, 2010

A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare

A Certain Wolfish CharmPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402236948
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifter
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

 Publisher’s Description:
In Lydia dare's debut trilogy, Regency England has gone to the wolves!

He gets crankier and crankier as the moon gets full...

The rules of Society can be beastly-especially when you're a werewolf and it's that irritating time of the month. Simon Westfield, the Duke of Blackmoor, is rich, powerful, and sinfully handsome, and has spent his entire life creating scandal and mayhem. It doesn't help his wolfish temper at all that Miss Lily Rutledge seems not the least bit afraid of him, and in fact, may be as untamable as he is...
A woman whose charm is stronger than the moon...

When Lily's beloved nephew's behavior becomes inexplicably wild, she turns to Simon, the boy's cousin and guardian, for help. But Simon's idea of assistance is far different than hers, and Lily finds herself ensconced in his house and engaged to the rogue.

They both may have bitten off more than they can chew when each begins to discover the other's darkest secrets...

My Review:
I should first start this review by telling you that I love werewolves in all forms. They are uber-sexy with alpha-ness and a tendency towards brooding. I love brooding men. This was done to perfection in A Certain Wolfish Charm.

The characters were great. Lily was one of those rare romance novel heroines that never annoyed me or got boring. I love it when heroines are “on the shelf” because watching them get “off the shelf” is always entertaining. I also love how strong she was both as a character and as a woman. She never gave Simon an easy time of it. He had to struggle to earn her trust and she never let him overpower her. Simon was one of my favorite wolfish men that I have encountered so far. He was extremely sarcastic and surly (which I love). As we got to know him, he developed an almost scampish  sense of humor around Lily that I found so adorable.

I can barely come up with any sort of criticism for this book. At all. I can only come up with criticism that is really more personal gripes than anything else. I would have loved for Lily to have given Simon a bit more hell about his past. I mean she was confronted with his former mistress, Mrs Teresa Hamilton, constantly. Maybe it’s the New York in me but I would not have been so nice. See, nothing major.

I cannot recommend this series enough to fans of paranormal romances especially those of the wolfy variety. I can’t wait for the rest of the series.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


  1. This sounds amazing! I'm not a big fan of regular romance, but when there's some supernatural stuff going on, I lap it up. I'm also big on snarky werewolves :-) I'm glad to hear the heroine can stand her ground against him! This book is definitely going on my reading list. Thanks so much for reviewing it!

  2. I'm a huge fan of all forms of romance (with a few exceptions) but a snarky, broody werewolf always does it for me :) It is nice to see a heroine that can stand up to the werewolf persona. I hope you enjoy the book when you read it.


  3. [...] have been looking forward to Ben’s story since the last book (A Certain Wolfish Charm). He was the most mysterious brother. He had very little to do with the first book and I felt I [...]



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio