Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Guest Blog: Lydia Dare, Author of A Certain Wolfish Charm

A Certain Wolfish Charm Hello, everyone, I’m Lydia Dare of The Times and today, I’d like to introduce The Duke and Duchess of Blackmoor, who have graciously allowed me to interview them. If you’ve read A Certain Wolfish Charm, you’re familiar with their story. But I know there are often questions readers would like to know the answers to. So, here’s the chance for the couple to let us all in on some inside secrets.

Lydia Dare: Thank you so much for joining us.
(His Grace crosses one leg over his knee as his arms drops around his duchess’ shoulders on the settee. I don’t know why I expected them to rest within the bounds of propriety and keep a few inches between them. I did read the book, after all.)

Duke of Blackmoor: Thank you for inviting us. We’ve always wanted to visit the cramped offices of The Times. This impromptu trip provided the perfect excuse.

Lydia Dare: If I may begin with some questions from some of your readers?

Duke of Blackmoor: Of course. That’s why we’re here. Just don’t ask us what happens with William or Benjamin in their stories. They have their own tales to tell.
(He glances down at his duchess when she squeezes his knee tenderly. Or was that a warning? I’m not certain which it was.)

Lydia Dare: Speaking of your brothers, why do you think readers find William to be so charming?

Duke of Blackmoor: That would be a question about my brother.
(He removes his arm from around his wife’s shoulders and glares at me. Uh oh.)

Lydia Dare: Well, he’s an integral part of your story, after all. He was one of the reasons why you pursued Miss Rutledge…I mean Her Grace so heartily. And he gave her more than a little help along the way to win your heart. Inquisitive minds want to know.

Duke of Blackmoor: (He leans forward and smiles. Oh, my, what a wolfish grin. My heart flutters.) I pursued Lily so heartily because she smelled like heaven, looked like an angel, and fought like a termagant. Oh, and I love her. Can’t forget that.

Lydia Dare: You don’t have any thoughts at all about why readers find William to be so endearing?

Duke of Blackmoor: No, I find him to be quite the scoundrel, a rake and he’s the devil of a nuisance. I have no idea why women adore him the way they do.

Lydia Dare: (At this point I turn my attention to the duchess.) What about you, Your Grace, do you have any comments?
(She opens her mouth to speak but His Grace makes a rumbling noise from beside her.)

Duchess of Blackmoor: (Hisses at her husband.) If you don’t stop that, I’m going to find a rolled up newspaper and pop your nose.

Duke of Blackmoor: (Chuckles.) Sounds like my idea of a good time.

Duchess of Blackmoor: (Blushes furiously.) William is handsome and good hearted and incredibly humorous. You’d really like him if you met him.

Duke of Blackmoor: (Grumbles.) Womanizer.

Duchess of Blackmoor: (Pats his leg again.) You’re one to talk, dear.

Lydia Dare: If you won’t talk about William, may I ask where Benjamin is? We know he has gone off to Scotland. Can you tell us why?

Duke of Blackmoor: That would be my other brother, Miss Dare, who has his own story to tell.

Lydia Dare: (Sighs loudly.) Does that mean you don’t know where Benjamin is?

Duchess of Blackmoor: He has no idea where Benjamin is. Which is part of why it bothers him so. But William is on the way there to investigate. I have faith in him.

Lydia Dare: So, can you tell us anything about William and Benjamin? Will Benjamin find love in Scotland? Will William and Prisca ever come together? Or will she finally move on?
(His Grace comes to his feet and holds a hand out to Her Grace.)

Duke of Blackmoor: It’s time to take our leave, darling.

Duchess of Blackmoor: (Sighs.) I suppose it is.

Lydia Dare: Wait! I’m sorry. I’m just so curious about the others! Perhaps the readers can pose better questions than I can. Readers? Is there anything you’d like to ask the Duke and Duchess before they take their leave?


A CERTAIN WOLFISH CHARM by LYDIA DARE—IN STORES APRIL 2010!
He gets crankier and crankier as the moon gets full…
The rules of society can be beastly—especially when you’re a werewolf and it’s that irritating time of the month. Simon Westfield, the Duke of Blackmoor, is rich, powerful, and sinfully handsome, and has spent his entire life creating scandal and mayhem. It doesn’t help his wolfish temper at all that Miss Lily Rutledge seems not the least bit afraid of him, and in fact, may be as untamable as he is…
A woman whose charm is stronger that the moon…
When Lily’s beloved nephew’s behavior becomes inexplicably wild, she turns to Simon, the boy’s cousin and guardian, for help. But Simon’s idea of assistance is far different than hers, and Lily finds herself ensconced in his house and engaged to the rogue.
They both may have bitten off more than they can chew when each begins to discover the other’s darkest secrets…
About the Author
Lydia Dare is the writing team of Tammy Falkner and Jodie Pearson. Both Tammy and Jodie are active members of the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers and live near Raleigh, North Carolina. They are working together on their next paranormal historical trilogy as Lydia Dare, which will be released by Sourcebooks Casablanca in Spring 2010! For more information, please visit http://www.lydiadare.com/.

32 comments:

  1. I'd just like to start off the day by thanking Grace for having us here today; and I'll try to make sure that Simon, the Duke of Blackmoor behaves himself as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me when Will is doing his interview? I came all the way out here just to catch a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Zerrade, you should be very happy right now that you're not a man, or I'd toss you out right on your --

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHEM!

    I imagine that William would love to be interviewed. His book, THE WOLF NEXT DOOR, is due out June 1st. If his oldest brother behaves today, perhaps William will be invited sometime in the future.

    Thank you so much for your question, Ms. Zerrade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will (hehe) we see the Duke and Duchess in the next two books and any potential "pups" on the way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Grace, if you and your brothers have an usually high body temperature, how do you manage not to sweat much less wear cravats?

    If William does not fall in love with Prisca, please tell him I'm available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addressed to the duchess:

    Your Grace,

    It is rumored the duke possesses exceptional hearing. Does this mean he listens better than most men?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do not make an appearance in Benjamin's book - TALL, DARK and WOLFISH. Most likely my youngest brother has gotten himself into yet another scrape and doesn't want me to know about it.

    Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for William's book. How he can tolerate that infernal chit is beyond my understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe the "infernal chit" you're referring to, Simon love, is my dearest friend. Pray keep that in mind, will you, when you're speaking of her in pubic?

    Thank you for your question, Miss Marquita. As for the question about "pups", I shouldn't really announce something to all of you until I've had the time to inform my husband of certain things. I'm sure you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Miss Elizabeth, we are also gentlemen. Gentlemen do NOT sweat. As for cravats, I'm certain you're aware, they are in fashion.

    And if you can find a way to turn William's head in your direction, you have my full support. Well, before I say that, I should ask - You're not the managing sort, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to bring my levity under control, Miss Grace, before I was able to reply.

    The short answer is "No." He is a Lycan not the perfect man. Hearing and Listening are two very different things, after all. One does not necessarily excel in both.

    With that said, my husband makes up for his lack of listening in many different ways, and I am a very happy duchess, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, dear, for proving my point. Not to worry, I'll tell you all about it after the interview is over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lively and interesting chat with the Duke and Duchess. I'm wondering if anything unusual happens when they experience an eclipse of the moon. How does the Duke react to such a phenomenon? Does his reaction involve the Duchess?
    Thanks ever so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heavens, Simon! I cannot believe you even answered that question!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't you an inquisitive little thing? Well, Miss Petrina, as with many things, the inability to see the fullness of moon doesn't inhibit our craving for it. It's there. It's ripe. It's calling. Think of it much like a lady's bodice. I can't necessariy see what's inside, but I know it's there and will move heaven and earth to get inside. Or use my teeth. I'm not certain which.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Addressed to the duke: you seem to really embrace your wild side. Would you trade your life as a Lycan for that of a normal man?

    And to the duchess: would you have him any other way?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I apologize to both of you, but I have not yet read your book. It is the next on my list, however, so I can assure you, Your Graces, that I will not neglect you for long.

    This may be answered in great detail in your book, but I find myself wondering all the same: Gentlemen's clothing tends to be rather restrictive. I understand even the average gentleman requires the services of a valet to don his coat for the evening. With the added, er, coat, if you will, beneath the other layers of clothing, I imagine the effort required to don appropriate attire might be increased ten-fold, with the discomfort of such things increased in appropriate measure.

    Oh, dear. In all of that I don't believe I've asked a question. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There isn't much point in wishing for things that are impossible, Miss Erin. However, in all honesty, there have been times I would have been happy to trade my life for something a little less wild. With that said, I am comfortable in my own skin and I'm beyond fortunate that my wife accepts all aspects of my lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. *sigh* I wouldn't want my beastly husband any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Miss Gayle, are you the sort who dresses animals up in clothing? They do hate that, by the way. So if you ARE one of those people, you really should discontinue the practice.

    In response to your rambled statement, I will tell you that while others may think I'm a bit disorganized in my life - the coming of the full moon is hard for me to escape. I am always well prepared for that particular evening and when the time comes for me to shift, I do so completely bare. There is no need to ruin a good set of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is Her Grace still acting as your Secretary or has that fallen by the wayside...her being busy and all satisfying your cravings? Is that why we haven't seen you at any balls?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, Miss Caudill, my wife is still acting as my secretary. And what a help she's been. She's a very capable woman who can both satisfy my cravings AND keep me organized.

    And why the devil would I want to go to a ball? Every time I'm forced to attend one of the deuced things, one unfortunate event or another transpires. So, thank you, no, you'll not see me at a ball anytime this Season. I'd much rather spend my evenings at Westfield Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. For the Duke of Blackmoor

    Your Grace,

    While your story was enjoyable to say the least, I would be remiss in not stating that I was often irritated with you. I daresay, had I been in the same room I may have been tempted to slap you. All I can say is that you should count your blessings that Her Grace stayed around long enough for you to realize your good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, you mentioned as much to me many times in person, mother. Thank you for reprimanding me in public.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You shift in the nude, Your Grace? Perhaps I need to read your book RIGHT NOW. I do so love a surly man, particularly when he is naked.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Psh! Forget the surly. I just love a good looking naked man!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I feel I should remind you, Miss Gayle, that His Grace is already married. To me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dutchess and Duke...its a pleasure to have the honor to "speak" with you both. This question is for both of you. If there was one thing you could change about each other, what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lily, the Duchess of BlackmoorApril 13, 2010 at 5:13 AM

    I love Simon exactly as he is, but at times, I do wish he would be a little easier on his brothers. He does growl at them an awful lot. He holds them to very high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simon, the Duke of BlackmoorApril 13, 2010 at 5:21 AM

    AGAIN with the brothers???? My God, will it never end? They're grown men. Even Oliver is coming of age. Or he could if Lily wouldn't coddle him the way she does. Me going easy on any of them is not in their best interest. Lily doesn't see them as the wild beasts they can be. She sees cuddly little pups who need a scratch on their belly, instead of a shake by the back of the neck, on occasion.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio