Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Read, Remember, Recommend: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers by Rachelle Rogers Knight

Read, Remember, Recommend: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers
Publisher: Sourcebooks
ISBN: 1402237189
Pages: 320 pgs
Genre: Non-Fiction
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 


 Publisher’s Description:

The ultimate organizing resource for book-lovers and a self-published hit, Read, Remember, Recommend gives readers a one-stop shop to keep track of their reading. Featuring 60 cross-referenced lists of literary awards and notable picks (Pulitzer, National Book Award, 100 Best Books of the Century), this journal offers more than 2500 suggestions to help readers discover great literature and new authors. The journal also provides room to record books read, jot down thoughts and ideas, and keep track of recommendations, books borrowed and loaned, and book club history.

Unlike anything on the market, Read, Remember Recommend keeps readers coming back to bookstores to purchase recommended books, creates opportunities for add-on and return sales, and celebrates the readers' love of books.

My Review:

Anyone who is a compulsive reader, like me, will understand the difficulty of managing the habit. The book buying and reading compulsion that results in manic book buying and lazy days on the couch with nothing to do but read. Read, Remember, Recommend provides so many tools to manage the reading life. It is one of the most useful reading journals that I have found.

The different sections in the book were really useful. I loved the Awards and Notable books lists in the first section. My reading list expanded by at least 30 books. Something I really cannot afford. The list were amazing. There were some that I have never heard of. The To Read section was also really useful. I have been using an Excel doc to keep track of my To Read list. Not the most useful thing when it goes over 500 items. It provided ample space for me to list the books I want and check them off once I get them. The book also provides plenty of journal pages. I also love that you can record where you got the recommendation from because I read so many blogs that I generally forget. I also like to keep track of the books I recommend to other people. I do it so often with my friends and family that sometimes when they bring it up in conversation later, I forget which book I am supposed to be talking about. The only section that is really not very useful to me is the Loaner List. I don’t loan my books out. At all. Ever. I mainly use that to record my library books with due dates.

I cannot tell you how useful this book is to a bookworm. It was a lifesaver for me (there is also a Young Adult version that I am pining after).  It really does help manage the illness a bit. I love how it keeps everything organized and in its place. I do wish that some section had more pages to them.  Every reader will find Read, Remember, Recommend useful.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

3 comments:

  1. Grace,

    Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my journal.

    It's exciting to meet so many other obsessed readers! And I'm glad the journal expanded your reading list - we all need that, right? Hehe.

    Happy reading!
    Rachelle Knight (Bibliobabe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, I'm pining for the teen version of the reading journal too! I have the above journal and really love using it especially the section with those lists of good books. :)

    Here is my review of it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] reviews: Book Journey, Books Like Breathing If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed! Similar Posts: The [...]

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio