Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tall, Dark and Wolfish by Lydia Dare

Tall, Dark and Wolfish
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402236956
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifters
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 





Publisher’s Description:

In Lydia Dare's debut trilogy, Regency England has gone to the wolves!

He's lost the most important part of himself...

Lord Benjamin Westfield is a powerful werewolf-until one full moon when he doesn't change. His life now shattered, he rushes off to Scotland in search of the healer who can restore his inner beast, only to find she's not at all what he expected...

She would make him whole, if she could...

Young, beautiful witch Elspeth Campbell will do anything to help anyone who calls upon her healing arts. Then Lord Benjamin shows up, and she suddenly discovers she may need him even more than he needs her...

My Review:

This series has quickly become one of my favorite. It is always guaranteed to give you an intelligent and independent heroine and a snarky and badly behaved leading man along with a well developed plot and great writing.

I have been looking forward to Ben's story since the last book (A Certain Wolfish Charm). He was the most mysterious brother. He had very little to do with the first book and I felt I knew him the least. Ben is the slightly more lighthearted Westfield brother who has traveled to Scotland to be cured by Elspeth Campbell, a healer. I liked Ben quite a bit. He was a nice break from the snarky and temperamental Simon and his story also serves as a great bridge to Will’s story in the next book. I also liked Elspeth quite a bit. Not as much as I loved Lily but enough where I could identify with her throughout the book without ever having the desire to strangle her.

I also tend to avoid most books with witchcraft (barring Harry Potter of course) but I found the use of it here was pleasant and interesting. I thought it was integrated well and it definitely added a new aspect to the book. The one aspect that really did annoy me was Elspeth’s coven themselves. They were, quite frankly, annoying. They were pushy and controlling when they should have been comforting and supportive. Caitrin was the worst. She used her abilities as a seer to manipulate Elspeth. Or at least that is how I saw it. I think most would see it as Caitrin trying to protect her coven and her friend but I tend to not view meddlers very sympathetically.

Overall, I really did like this one. Neither Ben nor Elspeth were my favorite but they were good enough to keep me interested in the series. I can’t wait for the next books.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing what you do!

    Bill ;-)
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    http://eduscapes.com/v2a/back_to_the_homeplace.html

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio