Search Me!


Sunday, June 6, 2010

The 48 Hour Book Challenge: The Finish Line

I think I may have went overboard with this Challenge. I had a single-mindedness that I have only previously put toward school. I spent 43 1/2 hours reading. The only partial hour was due to my sister needing computer assistance and the only breaks I took were to sleep and shower.  I also Tweeted and blogged throughout. Honestly the one thing that kept me going was my Sweet Potato Pie Tea. So awesome.

I did stick to my YA reading list but I did not get as much reading done as I thought I would. It was almost as if I was trying to prolong the reading experience. Never happened to me before. I am usually a speed reader.
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer-I know I give her flack for her writing skills but this woman can write a compelling book. It makes no sense why I like the book but I do. Review will be coming.
  • Need by Carrie Jones-I don’t know what I was expecting but I really wasn’t expecting to love this book. It started out with WAY too many similarities to Twilight but really the two series are in two different classes. Glowing review is in the pipelines.
  • Captivate by Carrie Jones-I teared up, I did. I got really invested in Devyn and Issie. I will be first on line to buy the third book.
  • Lament by Maggie Stiefvater-She really knows how to write a compelling heroine, doesn’t she? And Luke…OMG. I am going to read Shiver as soon as I can.
  • Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater-On page 240.

Overall, this was huge fun. I kind of halted my social life for the weekend and now feel all rejuvenated. I will definitely be back next year.

My Final Totals:

Time Started: 1:00 PM Friday

Time Now:1:20 PM Sunday

Hours Total: 43 hours 30 minutes

Hours on Sunday (starting at 3am): 9 hours

Pages Total:1317

Books Finished: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Need by Carrie Jones, Captivate by Carrie Jones, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Started:Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater page 240

Donation: A box of books to my local library.


  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend for you. Sometimes it's so neat to just be able to almost stop everything. I even ignored my cell phone. It was great :)

  2. Great job. I don't know how anybody can stay up for that long.

  3. Gosh! Sounds like you did a LOT of reading! I hope you reward yourself with a nice long night's sleep!

  4. Wow! 43 hours! So.. how tired are you today?!

    Great job!

  5. Thanks! Surprisingly, not very tired at all. It will probably kick in some time tomorrow.

  6. I can't even find my cell phone anymore. I put in on silencer and then lost the phone.

    It really was a great weekend. Next year I am aiming for the full 48.

    Thanks for stopping by!

  7. Mindy: Thanks! I a bit of an insomniac. Always have been. I surprised that I needed much sleep at all.

    Madigan: I definitely will be sleeping soon. I can't wait for a good night's rest.

  8. Wow! You did awesome. Meyer does write a gripping story that if you read really fast you don't pay attention to any weaknesses in the writing. The other ones you read sound pretty captivating too.

  9. Congratulations on completing the challenge!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio