Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, June 4, 2010

48 Hour Book Challenge: Starting Line

Friday

You know what happens when you plan…it never happens. I woke up this morning with a cough. Turns out I have bronchitis (after a 3 hour doctor’s visit). I hate being sick and I figure reading will help distract me.

I have made a vow to myself that I will do better at this reading challenge than the last one. I will try to review as I go but some may have to wait till after. My starting time is 1 pm on Friday and my ending time will be 1 pm on Sunday. I am planning on going to the 40+ club so wish me luck.

Update:  I am going to update this post so I don’t deluge my followers with updates.



Totals


Time Started: 1:00 PM
Time Now:3:00 AM
Hours Total: 14 hours
Pages Total:559
Books Finished: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer,
Started:Need by Carrie Jones--page 61

6 comments:

  1. Those are good books to read for something like this - hard to put down as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved Twilight at one point in my life but I hope you get to Lament and Ballad this weekend....two of my favorite books from this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to love Twilight. I really am. It's better than I remember but still not as good as everyone says. I am looking forward to starting Lament and Ballad. Might push them up after I finish Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YA is perfect for a readathon or so I have been told. It was between this pile and a schmoopy romance pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care for your health with all this reading, though! It is a marathon.

    I'm not a fan of the Twilight series but I remember devouring the first one. She may not be a goddess of prose but danged if it isn't compelling.

    As to Lament and Ballad, I really like Maggie Stiefvater's style, so hopefully you'll enjoy those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pacing myself. But it is so hard to pace when you get into a good book.

    I am not a huge fan of the series myself. I've read through them once or twice and have never figured out why I don't like them yet when I read them I go into a trance-like state.

    I am reading them after I finish Carrie Jones' two books. I've heard great things about them and I am saving the best for last because I am strange like that.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio