Search Me!


Monday, June 21, 2010

Musing Monday (June 21st)

Name your top 2-3 favorite genres (the ones you read most from).
 I am generally an “all genre” type of person. I will read anything. That being said, I do have preferences.
Romance is one of my favorite genres. I know is sounds cheesy but there is nothing better than a good romance. I love all kinds of romance. Regencies, Westerns, Paranormal…all of them. The only ones I tend to avoid are the Thriller and Mystery romances. My birthday present to myself is 60 romance books…Stupid, I know but it’s what I want.
Young Adult is, perhaps, my favorite genre. There is so much you could do with a YA book. I tend to gravitate toward the romance and paranormal end of it but almost every YA book I have ever picked up has been good.
As always, suggestions in either of these genres are completely welcome.


  1. Romance is the bestselling genre - and has gone up in sales even with this economy!

    Here's mine:

  2. I must say one genre I do like like are romances. :-) While I love mysteries, I would prefer if they keep the relationship stuff to a minimum.

  3. There is nothing that can cheer up a downtrodden populace better than a good romance. Unless it is one of those tragic ones. Thanks for commenting.

  4. By the way, I absolutely love your site. Most of my YA recs come from you. :)

  5. I enjoy historical mysteries, British mysteries, and historical romance. If you are looking for a good YA paranormal, I can whole-heartedly suggest Dianne Salerni's We Hear the Dead.

  6. I completely agree. Romances and mysteries are great on their own but when they are mixed--not so good.

  7. I am always looking for a good YA paranormal. I shall put it on my list for tomorrow's trip to Barnes and Noble. Thanks!

  8. Have you read The Iron King by Julie Kagawa? It's YA Fantasy and it's pretty much amazing =) Rather than my re-typing the plot here, you can read my review here if you're interested. =)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio