Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Wolf Next Door by Lydia Dare

The Wolf Next DoorPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402236964
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance-Paranormal-Shapeshifter
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 






Publisher’s Description:
They can't even be in the same room together...

Ever since their failed elopement years ago, Prisca Hawthorne has taunted, insulted, and in every way tried to push him away. If only her heart didn't break every time Lord William Westfield left her...
But staying apart is even worse...

Lord William throws himself into drinking, gambling, and debauchery and pretends not to care about Prisca at all. But when he returns to find a rival werewolf vying for her hand, he'll stop at nothing to claim the woman who should have been his all along.

Can Prisca forgive the unforgivable, or are the moon-crossed lovers going to be forced into a battle of wills that could be fatal?

My Review:
I have been raving about how awesome this series is from the moment I finished the first books. I try to avoid writing gushy, fangirl reviews for them but I just can’t help myself. I am a fangirl for this series and I must admit it and live with it. The writing is just so good and the characters are excellent. It is most definitely difficult for me not to love this series and every book in it.

I loved Priscia in the previous books. She is strong, intelligent, extremely stubborn and strong willed. She is also quite funny. He choice of wedding attire had me chuckling (and inspired) when her brothers tricked her and Will into marriage.  Will comes in a close second to Simon as my favorite brother. He is sometimes quite the blockhead when it comes to Priscia but  he means well (as most idiotic men do). He was not as gruff as Simon nor as suave as Ben but he was a nice middle ground. Oddly enough, I also liked the bad guy, too. Dashiel Thorpe was the werewolf with a control issue. He did not seem like a bad guy at all to me. As a matter of fact, I rather liked him a lot.

The one thing I loved about this book that most people will really dislike is that Priscia was really unwilling to forgive Will for most of the book.  She was a bit unreasonable when it came to Will. It was a misunderstanding and maybe she should have listened to Will but I could understand why she didn’t. I find that usually the heroine forgives the hero within two chapters and it gets really frustrating. I would have made him suffer for a bit and I expect the same of my heroines.

Needless to say, I liked this book quite a bit. It was the perfect continuation of this series and I can’t wait for the next one (about Dashiel Thorpe—I hope there will be one about Oliver as well).
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio