Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Captured by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon

Captured by Moonlight

Publisher: Pocket
ISBN: 1439149658
Pages: 368 pgs
Genre: Romance-Comtemporary/Paranormal/Suspense
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 







Summary (from Publisher):
IN THIS DARK THRILLER FROM NANCY GIDEON’S SULTRY NEW SERIES, SEXY NEW ORLEANS COP CHARLOTTE CAISSIE GOES HEAD-TO-HEAD WITH THE LAST NEMESIS SHE EVER EXPECTED: HER SUPERNATURAL BOYFRIEND.THEIR LOVE IS JUST BEGINNING.

Detective Charlotte Caissie is growing used to the secrets that come with loving the mysterious leader of a shape-shifter clan. But that doesn’t mean she has to like it. She’s avoided complications of the heart all her life, but when it comes to irresistible Max Savoie, she’ll force the truth out of him if she has to.

HIS TIME IS ALMOST UP.

Hunted by the deadly trackers his nefarious father warned him about, Max is transforming into a preternatural force he can’t explain and Cee Cee will never understand. He’s tempting the dangerous limits of their love, but it’s her curiosity that could get them both killed. 

WILL THEY EVER REALLY BE TOGETHER? 
 
When Max discovers the enemy’s true target is someone far more vulnerable than he, he must do the unthinkable to save his own flesh and blood. But he can’t fight this battle alone, and Cee Cee faces the ultimate test of loyalty: the man she’d sacrifice everything for . . . or the laws she swore her life to protect. 

My Review:
Usually when I walk into a series with the third book, I end up muddling through the book, hating the whole not knowing thing and eventually abandoning my quest to finish the book and gain some sort of understanding. I am the type of person that reads a series in order or I don’t read the series at all. Captured by Moonlight was much the same but only for the first couple of chapters. I ended up loving this book. Shows what I know about me and my reading habits. 

I love my broody shapeshifters and I have been looking for another broody shapeshifter series while I am waiting for Lydia Dare’s next book. I was very lucky when I stumbled onto this series because Max is the perfect broody shapeshifter. He is broody but not emo, he is strong but not frightening (I promise that is my last broody of the day). As I said, perfect. Charlotte was a great heroine. She was never weak or wimpy and she never lapsed into that annoying place that some heroines do. The main attraction to Captured by Moonlight is the constant struggle between Max’s unwillingness to allow Charlotte to love the more aggressive, animalistic side of him. The chemistry and love between them was so intense but so was the conflict and I love that. 

Even though there were quite large portions of the character’s stories that I was missing, I did find it very easy to fall in love with this book. It sort of reminded me of the Southern Vampire Mysteries (without the pesky vampires) and Lydia Dare’s series (without the ye olden-ness). I mean that in an entirely complementary way—those are two of my favorite series. The characters were interesting and the writing was very good. I am going to go back and buy the rest of the series because I want to know what I am missing. 

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio