Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Tempted By A Warrior by Amanda Scott

Tempted by a WarriorPublisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446561320
Pages: 432 pgs
Genre: Historical Romance-Highlander
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 





Publisher's Description:

Lady Fiona, wed in haste, has never known marital peace. When last she'd seen her cruel husband Will, he'd struck her - and she has no memory of what she did next - only that she woke later alone in her bedchamber. Will has gone missing, and Fiona fears that in her rage and terror she might somehow have killed him. When her husband's cousin Sir Richard comes to search for Will, Fiona is touched by his warm nature. A knight and warrior, Richard is drawn to Fiona's brave manner, quickly seeing in her an equal measure of inner courage. Confessing that she fears having killed Will, Fiona accepts Richard's offer to help her. Pursuing together the mystery of Will's disappearance, they fall in love. Meanwhile the English are reinforcing their garrison in the Scottish Borderlands, putting Fiona, Richard, and Scotland in peril....

My Review:


I was never a fan of Highland romances until recently. This is the second one that I have finished this week and, wowzers, is it coming close to Regency romances in the favorite romance genre race. This one was especially good. I loved the characters. I usually prefer my heroes a bit more brooderific (it’s a hazard with Regencies) but I really liked Kirkhill despite his general affability. Fiona was one awesome heroine. She was strong, brave and a bit foolhardy. As I like to say, she had chutzpah. It’s something I like to see in heroines that I end up seeing way too rarely. I thought that Fiona and Dickon had great chemistry although the romance did take a backseat to the action quite a bit.

The one shining (and by shining I mean resplendently glowing) star of this book is Amanda Scott. Her writing is, for lack of a better term, awesome. Her prose flowed really well. Her dialogue was crisp and witty. She captured the voices of the characters to near perfection.The level of historical detail was amazing.  I love it when you pick up a historical fiction novel and can just tell how much research went into the book.  I love it when author do his/her research. Can I say that enough? Amanda Scott injected so much history into each and every scene and I really appreciated that.

Reading this book made me regret quite a few of my recent book purchases because I now want to buy Amanda Scott’s other books but feel too guilty. I will have to wait for the next binge, I guess.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio