Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Wild Irish Sea by Loucinda McGary

The Wild Irish Sea: A windswept tale of love and magic

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402226713
Pages: 320 pgs
Genre: Romance-Comtemporary/Paranormal/Suspense
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 







Summary (from Publisher):

Drawn to a force he can't resist...
Former police officer Kevin Hennessey is running from his past-choosing to battle smugglers instead of dealing with his personal demons. When a desperate, rain-drenched American woman appears on his doorstep with wild tales of danger, Kevin is drawn to helping her, despite his reservations...


She never saw him coming...
Amber O'Neill knew without a doubt that her brother was in mortal danger. Rushing heedlessly to the rocky shores of Ireland, Amber was stunned to find her rescue mission derailed by a gorgeous, but deeply flawed Irishman...


The tumultuous sea, the intertwined fates of the coastal villagers, and unearthly tales of a hidden selkie prince bring Kevin and Amber together in a connection of mind, body, and soul that neither can deny...

My Review:

I am not quite sure what to think of this one even three days after finishing it. I usually have a clearer opinion of a book after the two day debriefing period that I usually give myself after finishing a book but with this one, I am just more muddled. There was so much I did love about this book that I know that I liked it but I am just not sure how much.

Amber comes to Ireland in search of her brother, Parker. Through their telepathic connection, Amber knows that Parker is in peril. She seeks out the help of Kevin, the reclusive local investigator. I loved both Kevin and Amber. Kevin was particularly interesting. I couldn’t help but feel bad for him after losing his wife and child in one fell swoop. We all know that I love my broody heroes but I just wanted to give Kevin a cuddle. I also liked Amber quite a bit. She was the type of heroine that one rarely sees. She was intelligent, self-reliant and strong. I did annoyed with her at times but not often.

It took me a while to get into the paranormal aspect of this book and, to be honest, I think that is why I am a bit unsure about my opinion. I loved that Amber had a telepathic connection with Parker and Kevin. It showed the connection with both of the men in her life and added to the story quite a bit. I liked it but I think I would have enjoyed the book a but more if the paranormal element had been less of a focus. I just loved the characters so much that I wanted to see more of them and more of the development of their relationship.

I liked this book quite a bit. I probably will look up Loucinda McGary’s other books simply because her characters in this one were so amazing.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio