Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Desperate Deeds by Dee Davis

Desperate DeedsPublisher: Forever
ISBN: 044655894X
Pages: 400 pgs
Genre: Romance-Thriller
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:   


 
 
Summary (from publisher)
As the demolitions expert for A-Tac, a black-ops CIA unit masquerading as Ivy League faculty, Tyler Hanson has two great loves: literature and explosives. She lives by the motto "Duty First" and doesn't have time for personal attachments . . . until a steamy one-night stand turns into a professional partnership.

BURNED BY BETRAYAL
When Tyler meets Owen Wakefield, a handsome British operative, she seduces him with no intention of ever seeing him again. But then the sexy Brit is brought into A-Tac, and despite Tyler's efforts to keep her distance, she finds herself falling for him. Trusting him.

Owen seems too good to be true - and he is. He's hiding his true motives and identity, and no matter how he feels about Tyler, he can't keep her secrets. One of A-Tac's members has turned traitor and helped terrorists to hijack a shipment of nuclear weapons. As witnesses start dying and evidence starts disappearing, Owen and Tyler must race to find the mole - and prevent a final, cataclysmic act of destruction.
My Review:
Tyler Hanson is a CIA operative masquerading as a Ivy League literature professor. She does not have the time for personal relationships until she meets Owen Wakefield who she seduces without ever expecting to see him again. Owen is hiding secrets of his own including who he works for. Causing even more trouble is the traitor among the A-Tac team. Tyler and Owen must race to find the mole in the midst of disappearing evidence and dying witnesses.

I am borderline in love with Dee Davis’ A-Tac series (I have the review of Dangerous Desires coming later this week). It was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. I am not the biggest thriller fan. I usually depend on characterization to get into a book. If the characters are bad, the book is usually bad as well. In Desperate Deeds, the characters were just as compelling as the action. Tyler was tough as nails but had a nice vulnerability about her. She was easy to identify with and I quite liked her. Owen…the only thing that can make a sexy man sexier is a British accent. Even though he is a sneaky snake, he was a genuinely nice guy and any man that can make a good cup of Earl Grey is good in my book.

I loved the thriller aspect of Desperate Deeds. It was interesting and compelling. I think I would have liked it even if there had not been any romance. That is saying something. I have been really into my romance novels lately. I loved that this was a domestic thriller. After finishing Dangerous Desires, it was pleasant to be somewhere more familiar than the Columbian jungle. I also found it to be quite a bit more interesting even though I loved Dangerous Desires. The whole A-Tac team played an important role as well and I loved getting to know the characters more.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. It took me quite successfully away from the paranormal and historical romances. I really hope this series continues (perhaps with Hannah—I really liked her).
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I liked Dangerous Desires so I'll be reading Desperate Deeds for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my review of Dangerous Desires coming this week. I am loving this series (even out of order). The alliteration is also a nice treat :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio