Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hell, Yeah by Carolyn Brown

Hell, Yeah
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402239270
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Western
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 


 



Summary (from publisher):
 
She's finally found a place that feels like home...
When Cathy O'Dell buys the Honky Tonk, the nights of cowboys and country tunes come together to create the home she's always wanted. Then in walks a ruggedly handsome oil man who tempts her to trade in the happiness she's found at the Honky Tonk for a life on the road with him...


He lives the good life...
Gorgeous and rich, Travis Henry travels the country unearthing oil wells and then moving on. Then the beautiful blue-eyed new owner of the Honky Tonk beer joint becomes his best friend and so much more. When his job is done in Texas, how is he ever going to hit the road without her?

My Review:
Cathy O’ Dell has given her life to the Honky Tonk, the dive bar she owns. That is until Travis Henry strides across the bar and smacks a New Years’ kiss on her. She has to decide whether her roots at the Honky Tonk are more important than finding love. 

This book was a bit foreign to me. I am not the most country person in the world. New York is in my blood and an Irish pub is the closest I have ever come to a dive bar. I also was clueless about most of the music mentioned in this book. I had to look them up and didn’t like most of them. That being said, these differences in culture did not detract from my enjoyment of the book even though with a lesser writer it would have been. 


There were so many things that I loved about this book. There was an energy about this book that really amazed me and kept me interested. The characters, the setting, and the writing was so lively that it was difficult not to get into this story. The characters were also really great. Cathy was career driven, independent and willful. She was strong and intelligent. I loved her. Travis was suave and sweet. I liked him even though he is an oil guy.


Overall, I liked this book quite a bit. I am looking forward to Carolyn Brown’s next book.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio