Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW: Unexpected Treasures

image

I started blogging with a really limited expectations of what genres I liked and what I didn’t. Also, about what genres I would admit to reading and those that I wouldn’t. That has changed so much in my time blogging.

1. YA- I used to be a bit wary of exposing my love for YA to the world. I thought it was strange for a 20 something year old woman to be seen on a bus reading a book intended for teens. It was ignorance pure and simple. I began reading YA blogs very soon into my blogging career and realized that most bloggers in the YA genre were around my age and I could break out the YA in public and not be ashamed. I am now addicted and damn proud of it.

2. Romance-Romance novels have been a part of my life for as long as I remember. Not because I liked them but because my mother has been stockpiling them for years. I used to make fun of her for her love of romance novels. Quite stupid of me…because they are awesome. Now it’s me going to the book store and buying nothing but those romance novels with the shirtless beefcake covers. I still do use a book cover when reading them in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio