Search Me!


Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros

The Devil Wears PlaidPublisher: Pocket  
ISBN: 143915788X
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Highlander
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary (from Publisher):
Passion sparks in USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Teresa Medeiros’s irresistibly tempting new romance after a sexy  Highlander kidnaps his rival’s spirited English bride Emmaline Marlowe is about to wed the extremely powerful laird of the Hepburn clan to save her father from debtor’s prison when ruffian Jamie Sinclair bursts into the abbey on a magnificent black horse and abducts her in one strong swoop.

Though he is Hepburn’s sworn enemy, Emma’s mysterious captor is everything her bridegroom is not—handsome, virile, dangerous . . . and a perilous temptation for her yearning heart.  Jamie expects Emma to be some milksop English miss, not a fiery, defiant beauty whose irresistible charms will tempt him at every turn. But he cannot allow either one of them to forget he is her enemy and she his pawn in the deadly Highland feud between the clans. So why does he still want her so badly for himself? Stealing his enemy’s bride was simple, but can he claim her innocence without losing his heart?
My Review:
I have recently become obsessed with Highlander romances.  I love them. Especially the ones that involve an abduction or a kidnapping. There is nothing so engrossing as a good (fictional) abduction. I have never come across a bride abduction in a romance novel before and I was kind of surprised by just how much I liked it. It just creates the right amount of tension to be interesting but not stressful. I have been told by my resident romance novel guru—my mother---that this plot is pretty prevalent in romance novels but I have been unable to find any (any suggestions will be rewarded with effusive gratitude and bloggy hugs).

I loved Emma. She was so brave. I would have had to be dragged into that church to marry that disgusting specimen of a man by a very strong and well trained army. Just the description of the Earl made me cringe (especially his manky dentures--ewww). Emma was so noble and brave to sacrifice her happiness for the security of her parents and sisters (even though her father is a dunderheaded moron). I am a complete patsy for heroes named Jamie for some reason. I don’t know why.   Jamie was a great hero. He was sweet with a bit of snark. Jamie and Emma also had a great deal of chemistry and their banter was sharp and witty. 

I really loved this book. If you are looking for a Highlander romance with a spot of humor and adventure, pick this one up. I am looking forward to Teresa Medeiros’ next book, Goodbye Tweetheart. I think it represents every Twitter-addicted person’s greatest fantasy.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio