Search Me!


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy

One Fine CowboyPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402236700
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Western/Comtemporary
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from Publisher:
 He's got a way with horses...and with women...

His heart is as wild as the horses he trained...
Nate Shawcross is perfectly content to spend his days training wild horses. So when a beautiful greenhorn unexpectedly shows up for a seminar from the famous "Horse Whisperer" of Wyoming, all Nate wants to do is send her packing...

The last thing she expects is a lesson in romance...
Graduate student Charlie Banks came to the ranch to learn about horse communication, but when she meets the ruggedly handsome cowboy, she starts to fantasize about another connection entirely...
Nate needs to stay focused if he's going to save his ranch from foreclosure, but he can't help being distracted by the brainy and breathtakingly sexy Charlie. Could it be that after all this time Nate has finally found the one woman who can tame his wild heart?

My Review:
I love westerns. I prefer historicals but westerns come a very close second. A good cowboy is almost as good as a good rake in a pinch.

I loved Charlie. I identified with her. She was ambitious, intelligent and had a strong voice. I loved her connection with the horses especially Junior and Trouble. The scenes with Junior brought tears to my eyes. I have always been a huge sap for horses. I can't even watch Flicka or Barbaro without going through some emotional trauma.  I usually don't like nice guy heroes (they bore me) but I loved Nate. It completely befuddled me how such a nice guy could even consider a relationship with a woman like Sandi.

I am struggling to find something that I didn't like about One Fine Cowboy. I loved the focus on horses and animals in general most of all. There is nothing that can kick me in the emotional caboose more that a novel about animals (Black Beauty is still off limits). It is a very rare novel that can feature animals and not become mushy but One Fine Cowboy managed it very well with excellent writing and character development.

I loved One Fine Cowboy. It was one of my favorite reads from the Readathon. I can't wait for more from Joanne Kennedy.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio