Search Me!


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seduced by a Highlander by Paula Quinn

Seduced by a Highlander

Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446552372
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Highlander
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
     Summary (from publisher):
    Tristan MacGregor is famed throughout the Highlands as a silver-tonged seducer and an unrepentant rogue. Bold and charming, he's dallied with many women, yet none as mysterious as the lass he steals a kiss from at king's court. Little does he know this beauty is one of his clan's greatest enemies.

    Isobel Fergusson has despised the bloodthirsty MacGregors ever since they murdered her father. She's horrified to learn that the handsome stranger she kissed is of this clan. But Tristan means to possess her at any cost and Isobel's body turns traitor at his touch. Can a man she's sworn to hate be the only one she can ever love?
    My Review:
    So I am back with the Highlander romance. I have said to myself many a time “I think I am going to read a regency today” but, nope, I never do. I always end up reading about a dude in a kilt. I never feel like I am missing out on anything because I do love my Scots.

    Isobel and Tristan were victims of a longstanding feud between their families. Clearly in love at first sight (or at least like), they were unable to even entertain a flirtation. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet (but—spoiler alert---they didn’t die like those two classic shmoops). Isobel was one of those characters that I loved one page but couldn’t stand the next. That usually happens when I identify some of my less attractive qualities in a heroine i.e. stubbornness, bull-headedness, a temper. That type of stuff. I love heroines that annoy me a little. It means that she is not a Mary Sue and Mary Sues are evil. Tristan is a bit of a rake but, otherwise, he is a genuinely nice guy. He seemed kind and sweet in spite of his bad behavior.

    The best part of Seduce by a Highlander was Isobel’s brothers. They were the main source of humor in this book. They were quite the cast of characters from  Patrick, the man in charge, to Alex, the impetuous braggart. My favorites, however, were Cameron, Tamas and John. Cameron and John were gentle and kind and they both quickly formed a friendship and brotherly relationship with Tristan. Tamas was my favorite little scamp ever. He played prank after prank on Tristan and was adorable through all of them. I loved the prank war between him and Tristan. It caused many chuckles and added much to my enjoyment of the book.
    *A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


    1. Grace, thanks so much for the wonderful 5 star review! I loved reading it! So glad you liked Tamas. He was so much fun to write :)

      Wishing all good luck in the giveaway!

    2. [...] Books Like Breathing Skip to content HomeAbout MeReview PolicyChallenges2009 ChallengesContactReview IndexBy AuthorBy GenreBy TitleReviews2009 Reads2010 ReadsRSS Feed ← Seduced by a Highlander-Paula Quinn [...]



    Blog Template by In Between Design Studio