Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sin Undone by Larissa Ione

Sin Undone (Demonica, Book 5)
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
ISBN: 0446556815
Pages: 432 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 



Summary (from publisher):

HER TOUCH IS DEADLY
As the only female Seminus demon ever born, master assassin Sinead Donnelly is used to being treated like an outcast. She spent decades enslaved, and now vows she'll die before she'll relinquish her freedom again. Then Sin's innate ability to kill her enemies goes awry: She creates a lethal new werewolf virus that sparks a firestorm of panic and violence.

HIS HUNGER CAN'T BE DENIED
Half-werewolf, half-vampire Conall Dearghul is charged with bringing in Sin to face punishment for the plague. And she's no stranger: He's bound to her by blood, and the one sexual encounter they shared has left him hungering for her raw sensuality. Worse, Sin is the underworld's most wanted and Con soon learns he's the only one who can help her . . . and that saving her life might mean sacrificing his own.
My Review:
I am always a bit wary of a book that starts with a multi-page glossary and is not a dense history book. It just seems wrong to me but, as it turns out, it was necessary with Sin Undone, and presumably the rest of the series. I ended up going back to it quite a few times.

One advantage that Sin Undone has over other paranormal romances is the complexity of the characters. Sin, a female Seminus demon with the ability to kill with just a touch, is an assassin that create the disease that is killing off werewolves. She is also in serious trouble because the Carceris, the jailers of the underworld, and her fellow assassins are after her for creating the virus in the first place. She was so strong but she had this vulnerability about her that I really loved. Con, a dhampire and former lover of Sin’s. He was just as tough, broody and vulnerable as Sin. They were the perfect match.

I really loved the paranormal element of this book. It was quite complex for someone jumping in at the last book but it was one of the most interesting worlds I have ever encountered in paranormal or fantasy fiction. There was also plenty of action that kept me interested.  I also love that the relationship between Sin and Con was the primary focus of the storyline. I find it frustrating when I pick up a romance novel and the romance between the main couple is secondary to the plot. Sounds inane but so true.

I really loved Sin Undone quite a bit. I loved the paranormal and romance bits equally. I have the rest of the series waiting in my Amazon wish list.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.
mysig

2 comments:

  1. Great review, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna read this and I keep entering giveaways, but haven't succeeded yet. I will have to run to Walmart and get it I guess. LOL. I saw it there yesterday but didn't pick it up

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio