Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love

Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series Publisher: Pocket
ISBN: 1439155828
Pages: 528 pgs
Genre: Fantasy
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 






Summary from Publisher:
 Supernatural warriors bound by an extraordinary code of honor face an ultimate test of loyalty in the exciting new paranormal thriller from New York Times bestselling authors Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love.Atlanta has become the battlefield between human and demon. All her life, Evalle Kincaid has walked the line between the two. Her origins unknown, she’s on a quest to learn more about her past . . . and her future.When a demon claims a young woman in a terrifying attack and there’s no one else to blame, Evalle comes under suspicion. Now she’s on a deadly quest for her own survival. Through the sordid underground of an alternate Atlanta where nothing is as it seems to the front lines of the city, where her former allies have joined forces to hunt her, Evalle must prove her innocence or pay the ultimate price.But saving herself is the least of her problems if she doesn’t stop the coming apocalypse. The clock is ticking and Atlanta is about to catch fire. . . .

My Review:
I have been trying to get this review posted since 9am. My wireless is down at home and it's seriously disturbing my reviewing flow. I can't sit on my comfy chair, I can't drink coffee and there are loud children in this library (not that I would ever begrudge children their library time). But nevertheless, I will try my best review Blood Trinity in the best way possible.

I loved the world building in this one. I have never felt so immersed in a fantasy world as I did in this one. It was so detailed and intricate. I am usually not a fan of very detailed fantasy worlds but this one worked well. The characters were multi-dimensional and the story was interesting.  I did find that there were a bit too many characters at times. I sometimes had trouble keeping who was who straight.

I was a bit surprised that the romance was so sparse.  I thought that this was billed as a paranormal romance but to find so little romance was both surprising and a pleasant shock. I was glad to read an intro to this series without the pollution of romance (because that is all I would focus on). I found myself following the fantasy and adventure with rapt interest and found that I did not miss the romance at all. I do hope that there is much more romance in the next book in the Belador series but I would continue to follow this series either way.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio