Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen

The Making of a GentlemanPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402238665
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Regency
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:  





 Summary from publisher:

Twelve years in prison has stripped him of his humanity...

Armand, Comte de Valère has lost the ability to interact with polite society, until his family hires him a beautiful tutor, and he starts to come alive again...

Saving him is her only chance to escape a terrible fate...

Felicity Bennett vows she'll do whatever it takes to help Armand fight back the demons that have held him captive for so long...

With Felicity's help, Armand begins to heal, until a buried secret threatens to destroy their growing passion...

My Review:
You know what happens when you save the best for last...you usually are very disappointed. I saved the best for last with The Making of a Gentleman but I was not disappointed at all.I loved this book. It was very Beauty and the Beast and we all know how much I love Beauty and the Beast.

Felicity and Armand have to be one of my favorite couples from all of the romance novels I have read this past year. They had this instant connection that was really lovely to watch. They were perfectly matched. Armand, mute and unresponsive to even his family, was instantly attracted to Felicity. I loved watching them get to know each other first as tutor and student and then as friends and eventually more. They were truly one of the sweetest couples I have ever come across.

This is one of those romances that I will keep coming back to. The development of the characters and the romance was perfect. It was not rushed at all. There was also plenty of mystery, adventure and intrigue to keep me interested.  I have added all of Shana Galen's books to my wish list. I am looking forward to reading more of her books.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio