Search Me!


Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Season of Seduction by Jennifer Haymore

A Season of Seduction Publisher: Forever
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Regency
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from publisher:
 Although the widowed Lady Rebecca has sworn off marriage, men are another matter. London's cold winter nights have her dreaming of warmer pursuits-like finding a lover to satisfy her hungry heart. Someone handsome, discreet, and most importantly as uninterested in marriage as she is. Someone like Jack Fulton.

A known adventurer and playboy, Jack seems like the perfect choice. There's just one problem: Jack isn't interested in an affair. He needs the beautiful, mysterious Lady Rebecca to be his wife. And he doesn't have much time to persuade her. A secret from Jack's past is about to surface, and by Christmas Day he'll be either married to Rebecca or dead.

 My Review:
I have been waiting to get to this one. I mean how could I not be excited about a book with a image like that on the inside flap. Look at it and you'll see what I mean.

The characters were also really great. I loved Becky. I admired her quest to be an independent woman after the death of her husband. I was almost a bit frustrated with Jack for taking that away from her. I loved watching the buildup of their relationship. It was quite tentative but very passionate. Becky also wasn't a pushover which I greatly appreciate. I also liked Jack. I didn't like him at all at the start because his intentions were a bit iffy but as the book went on I liked him more and more. He was also a bit sweeter than I like my rakes. I have been unable to find a really good nasty rake recently but the nicer ones are fine in the meantime.

 I loved A Season of Seduction from beginning to end. It had everything I love in a romance novel. Rakes, Lords, Ladies and scandal. It also had a touch of the marriage of convenience that I love so much. It was not as dramatic and angsty as I normally go for but it was really well done even if it was a bit lighter in tone. I also really loved the ending. It was still the happy ending that you expect but, without being spoilery, it was not all tied up with a pretty bow.It was realistic and I loved that.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio