Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Simply Irresistible (A Lucky Harbor Novel)Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 044657161X
Pages: 336 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 





Summary from publisher:
 Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.
In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother-a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career-if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.

The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes-and mouth-are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.


My Review:
I was really looking forward to Simply Irresistible. I have heard many good things about Jill Shalvis (mostly from my mother who loves Jill Shalvis' other books) and I could not wait to pick this one up. I was not disappointed at all.

I very rarely pick up a novel in which no characters annoy me. Simply Irresistible was one of them. I loved Maddie. She was clumsy, a little loopy and was not the most eloquent of people. Heroines are usually so poised but it was refreshing to see a heroine who I could identify with. I am the type of person who trips over invisible objects, stumbles over simple sentences and habitually blunders and so was Maddie. I loved her interactions with her sisters. They bicker and argue like every group of sisters should. Jax was a charming and convincing hero. I was a bit frustrated that he kept so many secrets from Maddie but he was so charming that I couldn't help but love him. I do wish that there had been more of his brothers but I think we will get that in the next books in the series.

I loved this books. It was a lovely mix of humor and romance. I also loved the small town feel of the book. Lucky Harbor is a place I would love to live in. It seemed like such a friendly place. However, I do feel like this is a book I have read before many times. "Girl moves into a small town, meets a hunky guy, falls in love" is the type of romance novel that I have read before...and loved. Sometimes repetition is a good thing and sometimes it is not. This time it was amazing. Jill Shalvis crafted a perfect small town novel with just the right amount of humor and romance. I can't wait for the rest of the series.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. i loved this one too! I don't want to wait unitil apirl 2011 for the next one

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio