Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two Lethal Lies by Annie Solomon

Two Lethal Lies
Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446178454
Pages: 400 pgs
Genre: Romance/Mystery/Thriller
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating: 






Summary from Publisher:
A love to die for...

On the run since his daughter was born, Mitch Turner has concealed a truth so dangerous, its discovery could jeopardize both their lives. But when a series of shocking murders hits their newfound home, the trail leads straight to Mitch. With the police out for blood and his daughter ripped from his arms, he has nowhere to turn--until a beautiful stranger offers her help.

Neesy Brown has made mistakes in her life, yet she refuses to believe this mysterious man is a killer. There's a strength in his broad shoulders that draws her to him and a weariness in his eyes that she longs to ease. As the murders tear her small town apart, she vows to help Mitch find his missing child. But a cunning predator is pulling them deeper and deeper into his fatal game. And the price of losing is the child--and the future--they could both share...


My Review:
Usually, if I am going to pick up a mystery or thriller, I expect three things: strong characters, strong plot, and a good narrative structure. With Two Lethal Lies, two of those were spot on while one fell kind of short.

For the first time in my romance novel reading career, I was completely unable to get into the romance aspect of a romance novel. I just couldn't make a connection to the couple or their story. I did like them individually but as a couple, I just didn't feel their chemistry. I thought Neesy was a good character but, at times, felt a bit one-dimensional. I did like her but I never felt that I really got to know her. I loved Mitch. He was so sweet with Julia and, even though I did not necessarily feel the romantic chemistry between Mitch and Neesy, I did think that they worked well together.

This book was one odd duck because the aspects of mystery/thriller romances that I normally love left me a bit disappointed and the stuff that I am normally "blah" about kept me interested. I loved the mystery. It was really interesting and well-done. I was absolutely riveted. Dutch, the bad guy and Mitch's brother, was also very creepy which is a plus. I also love that the romance never overpowered the mystery. Mainly because I think the mystery was much more interesting than the romance and, trust me, that is surprising.



*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm, I never liked it when you can't feel the chemistry. Good review!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio