Search Me!


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Brava, Valentine: A Novel
Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
ISBN: 0061257087
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: Romance/Chick Lit
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from Publisher:

When Valentine's grandmother begins a new life in Italy, she places Valentine and her nemesis, her brother Alfred, "the Prince," as partners at the Angelini Shoe Company, makers of handcrafted wedding shoes since 1903. A once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity takes Valentine from the winding streets of Greenwich Village to the sun-kissed cobblestones of Buenos Aires, where she unearths a long-buried family secret and finds herself torn between a past love that nurtured her and a new one that promises to sustain her, in this "dazzling" (USA Today) follow-up to Very Valentine.

My Review:

I have had Adriana Trigiani on my To Read list for quite some time.  I’ve had Very Valentine in my hand to buy more times than I can count and never managed to actually buy it but I will now. 

I loved Valentine. She was the type of character that want to find in every book you read. She was engaging, witty and completely relatable. I loved Gianluca. He was a gentleman. Something you find very rarely these days. Val and Gianluca definitely brought the sweetness. They may be one of my favorite couples from the books I have read this month and most of them have been romances. 

As an Italian American myself, I could not help but love how the Italian culture was so prevalent throughout this whole book.  It was amazing to see Italian culture portrayed in a realistic and honest way. The Roncalli/Angelini slightly crazy but you could tell that they all love each other. Their antics were perhaps the most familiar to me…it was like a page out of my family’s book of insanity. 

I must read Very Valentine now. Not reading it was excusable when I didn’t know how awesome Adriana Trigiani’s books were but now that I know it’s inexcusable.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of Trigiani's books either, but as another Italian America it sounds like I'm really missing out!

    Thanks for being a part of the tour and convincing me that I really do need to read this book.:)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio