Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley

Dating Mr. December Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402241429
Pages: 304 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:





Summary from Publisher:
She doesn't need rescuing, she only needs a change of scenery...
After a disastrous discovery loses Emma Tremayne both her boyfriend and her high-profile PR job in London, she moves to the Lake District to recover her confidence and live a simpler life. She loves her new job with the tourist board, and she's settling into small town life just fine-until she ends up responsible for a fundraising effort that calls for twelve naked mountain rescuers...

My Review:
I was really looking forward to this one. I have been in a bit of a reading (and reviewing) jag lately and needed something a bit different to pull me out of it. Dating Mr. December was the perfect choice. Plus, who can resist a book about a group of naked mountaineers making a nudie calendar?

Emma was one of those rare female characters that make it through the whole book without a moment of obnoxious. She was witty, intelligent and strong. I love that she did not give Will an easy time of it. He needed to have a bit of difficulty (and a good woman to challenge him). Will, on the other hand, caused me to have some moments of wanting to smack him upside the head as if he were my errant little brother. Men can be so stupid and Will definitely lived up to that. I was so frustrated with how he treated Emma at times. I did like him quite a bit but still...wanted to smack him at times.

I loved the mix of humor and romance in this one. The humor is subtle but you will find yourself giggling when you least expect it. I love that it was not over the top. I tend to get really annoyed when books make me cringe because the main character is always embarrassing themselves and everyone around them(Bridget Jones is one of them). I was happy that this book did not get sucked into that trap. As always, I tend to get sucked in by the romance. The chemistry between Will and Emma was amazing. Even when they were constantly bickering, their chemistry popped off the page.

I do still have one question and would be grateful for an answer...What is Will's middle name? I must know.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

3 comments:

  1. this book sounds good! It sounds like a book I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... You know I think there must be good karma about because this is the third lovely review for DMD I've had since we got back at the weekend to find our home ransacked and burgled, with wedding and engagement rings taken and a hole smashed through the patio window.. and all of this in a 'quiet' English village.

    It wouldn't have happened in Bannerdale, of course - the village where DMD is set!

    Thank you so much for reading (and enjoying) Dating Mr December.

    Gorgeous Will (who needed taking down a peg or two, as you rghtly say, as all Alphas do, but often aren't) has the middle name of Matthew,by the way, as at the time I was already thinking of another book where the hero is Matt.

    Thanks again for making my snowy winter evening here in the UK

    Phillipa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to say, I've read this book, too, and I LOVED it! Great evocation of the English Lake District, great, empathetic characters, plus a story that is fast-paced, witty and very sexy!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio