Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Devil’s Desire by Laurie McBain


Devil's Desire
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402242417
Pages: 312 pgs
Genre: Romance/Regency
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:





 Summary from Publisher:
 They called him the devil...

With his seductive golden eyes and sin-black hair, it's no wonder Lord Alex Trevegne has earned himself the sinister title-not to mention his reputation as one of the most notorious rakes in England.

And she's the only one who can conquer him...

When fate throws Alex and Elysia into a scandalous situation, Alex suddenly finds it surprisingly difficult to tear himself away from her.

As an unexpected passion blossoms between them, Elysia begins to wonder if after a lifetime of heartache she's finally found heaven in the arms of the devil.

My Review:
I have been reading Laurie McBain’s books since I was a child. I used to pilfer them from my mother’s bookshelf. Probably not the best reading material for a child but at least I was reading…a lot. All of my mother’s copies were lent out and never returned (another reason I do not lend my books to anyone). I am so happy that these books are being reissued because I have been wanting to reread them for quite some time. Devil’s Desire was one of my favorites- it’s  about a marriage of convenience of sorts--my favorite romance novel plot.

This is my favorite type of regency. The heroine is very, very good and the hero is very, very bad. Elysia was the type of heroine I can only take so much of before I have to put the book away. She was way too good and prim but I also loved that she had quite a bit of spunk too.  Alex was quite the highlight of the book for me. He was true rake in every sense of the word. He was badly behaved, a bit of a manwhore and quite snarly most of the time. But I still loved him. He was the epitome of what I think a regency hero should be. 

This one of those typical regencies that no matter how many times you see it, it never gets old at all. As a matter of fact, it just gets better and better every time you read it.  Devil’s Desire contains all of the tension and conflict that you would expect from a well-crafted regency with the great writing of Laurie McBain.  

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio