Search Me!


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Legacy of Pemberley by Rebecca Ann Collins

The Legacy of Pemberley: The acclaimed Pride and Prejudice sequel series (The Pemberley Chronicles; Pride and Prejudice Sequel Series)
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402224524
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: Jane Austen Sequel/Pride and Prejudice
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from publisher:
It has been fifty years since Mr. Darcy took Elizabeth Bennet as his bride, and through half a century of both true happiness and difficult trials, their love has never faltered. When Charles Bingley's declining health forces Darcy and Elizabeth to travel with their dear friends to Europe, it will fall to the next generation to continue the legacy of love and family their parents have spent a lifetime establishing.

Reunions of old friends go hand in hand with the introduction of new adversaries, and long hidden secrets come to light. But as this chronicle comes to a close, the sadness in parting is tempered not only by splendid memories, but the knowledge that the legacy of Pemberley will live far beyond the written page...

My Review:
I have followed the Pemberley Chronicles since the beginning and I have loved the entire journey. This is one of my favorite series not only in the Jane Austen sequel genre but in almost very genre.

There is so much to love in this series.  The characters are engaging and the writing is spot on as always. I love, most of all, how Rebecca Ann Collins emulates Jane Austen's writing style but makes it her own. It lends an authenticity to this series that some other adaptations do not have.

 This was the perfect end to this series. All of the story lines came together in a way that left you fully satisfied with the ending of this series. I did feel somewhat confused at times because there were so many characters and so many families within the Darcy circle that it became difficult to recall all of the various couples and stories. I am getting older and the memory is already going. But I did find that if I used the character glossary and looked at my old reviews, I could remember quite a bit easier.

If you are looking for a complete Jane Austen sequel series where you not only see the Jane Austen canon characters develop but also the further generations, this one is for you.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


  1. I am also a lover of this series and I too have also followed it from the beginning. I really need to pick this book up soon!

  2. Dear Grace,

    Many thanks for your perceptive comments and generous reviews. It is so good to know that you enjoyed the entire Pemberley Series. Your particular interest in the characters and the historical background of the period was very rewarding.

    I wonder if you have seen our latest publication- " Expectations of Happiness" a companion volume to Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility"?
    You can read about it on several blogs- ( Google Rebecca ann Collins/ Expectations of Happiness) and by going to my website-
    If you would like me to send you a copy - please send me your postal address by email to and I will be happy to send one to you. Since you enjoyed the Pemverley novels, it would be nice to know what you think of the new book.
    Thank you again for your interest and best regards,
    Rebecca Ann Collins.
    January 2012



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio