Search Me!


Monday, November 22, 2010

Stronger Than Sin by Caridad Piñeiro

Stronger than Sin (Sin 2)
Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446543845
Pages: 336 pgs
Genre: Romance/Science Fiction
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from publisher:
Dr. Liliana Carrera nearly lost her life to Wardwell scientists. She won't let them harm other innocent victims, like her new patient, Jesse Bradford. The former pro athlete had the best hands in the NFL . . . until an injury forced him to undergo Wardwell's experimental gene therapy. Now Jesse's gorgeous body is superhuman-but his strength comes at a price.

With Wardwell threatening his family, Jesse can't tell Liliana all he knows. Yet he can't resist her compassion . . . or her healing, erotic touch. As their passion flares, Jesse's body becomes dangerous and volatile. For evil men are plotting to change the face of humanity-and will destroy whoever stands in their way.

My Review:
Science fiction is usually not my thing at all. I go to great lengths to avoid it in most situations. But....when it is packaged with an intriguing romance plot, I find myself unable to resist.

I loved Liliana and Jesse. Liliana was the type of heroine you look for in romance novels. She was strong, intelligent and interesting. She was, for lack of a better term, kick ass. She rescue Jesse not the other way around.  I also love it when brainy chicks are heroines are heroines in romance novels. Jesse was also a great character. I loved that he had so much machismo and was definitely an alpha male but he had such a gentle side to him. The chemistry between Liliana and Jesse was borderline amazing.

Stronger Than Sin is a complete aberration for me. Science fiction and the such tend to be markers for a book to avoid for me but I loved this one. I loved the mix of mystery, thriller, romance and scifi. And even more so I loved that no particular plot overwhelmed the others.  It was balanced and well-writen. The "mad scientist" aspect of this book may have actually been my favorite part. It kind of reminded me of the Stryker and Wolverine plot in the XMen movies (pardon my lack of knowledge about the comics-I'm uninformed).

If you are looking for a romance that is not completely typical, pick this one up--as well as the first book in the series.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caridad -
    Sounds like a great book!

    Lea Ellen B. {night owl in IL}



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio