Search Me!


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Heir by Grace Burrowes

The Heir

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402244347
Pages: 480 pgs
Genre: Romance/Regency
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge

Summary from Publisher:
An earl who can't be bribed...

Gayle Windham, earl of Westhaven, is the first legitimate son and heir to the duke of Moreland. To escape his father's inexorable pressure to marry, he decides to spend the summer at his townhouse in London, where he finds himself intrigued by the secretive ways of his beautiful housekeeper...

A lady who can't be protected...

Anna Seaton is a beautiful, talented, educated woman, which is why it is so puzzling to Gayle Windham that she works as his housekeeper.

As the two draw closer and begin to lose their hearts to each other, Anna's secrets threaten to bring the earl's orderly life crashing down-and he doesn't know how he's going to protect her from the fallout...

 My Review
I've been in need of a regency lately. I was really looking forward to this series. It looked so good and I had such high expectations.

I loved the characters in The Heir. They were surprising and unique. Anna was a strong and independent heroine. Her intelligence really came through well. She had this sense of mystery around her. Westhaven was really one of the best heroes I have ever come across. I expected him to be rakish but he was kind of adorable. He was cute, funny and he had a terrible sweet tooth. I found him incredibly endearing.

Anna and Westhaven had such amazing chemistry. I love how they played off of each other. They were so cute and funny and just adorable. Not something I often say about a romance novel but it's the truth. They were adorable. The action was also really interesting. The bad guys were semi sorta creepy. Especially Stull, Anna's betrothed. He was the definition of a creeper.

This is one of those series that I will continue reading. I say that about many of the romance series I start but I often never remember to finish them. This one will have a spot on my calendar because it's that good.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog. 


  1. Thanks for the review. I had been considering picking this up something by this author but was concerned that she might not have a new perspective.

    The review has eliminated my doubts that it would be the same old, same old story that I've read over and over. This book sounds like it has a fresh new approach and I'm looking forward to reading this author.

  2. I bought the eBook edition and after reading your review I can't wait to read it!! I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks so I may read it then.
    Happy New Year!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio