Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tempted by Fate by Kate Perry


Tempted by Fate (The Guardians of Destiny)

Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446564621
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: Romance/Thriller/Paranormal
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:





Summary from Publisher:
Willow Tarata is a Guardian who trusts no one. She hunts those who prey on the vulnerable. And she's driven by a vengeful goal-find the man who murdered her mother. Yet suddenly Willow's quarry now has her on the run . . . straight into the sights of San Francisco's most dangerous detective.

Three bizarre murders have Inspector Rick Ramirez baffled-and determined to uncover the truth. But to catch the real killer, he needs the help of his prime suspect, Willow Tarata, even though this fierce and sexy blonde is challenging his professional cool. And now, unless they believe in each other and trust their deepest instincts, a relentless evil will end both Willow's and Rick's life-and claim this Guardian's extraordinary powers forever . . .

My Review:
I’m still in the doldrums. It seems as if it never stops. This one was not as successful as Duchess of Sin but it still did the job admirably. 

I liked Willow. She was a strong character with spunk, independent and quite a bit of likeability. I also liked Rick but not nearly as much as I liked Willow. He was quite the “by the book” cop-type which was an initial turn off but eventually I grew to like it.  I did love their interactions. They played off of each other very well. The bickered and argued a lot but there was such a strong chemistry between them. 

I do have to admit that the whole Guardian plot was a bit flat for me.  It’s probably because I haven’t read the first two books but it really was not the highlight for me.  I enjoyed it but the romance was really the shining star of this book.  That’s not to say that I did not like the paranormal and thriller aspects but I felt that I was missing something. 

Overall, I liked this book quite a bit. I did feel as if I would have liked it quite a bit more if I had read the earlier books in the series. 

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio